Subscriber Discussion

If A Customer Wants A Camera Thats A Step Up From Hikvision Cameras. What Would You Recommend? 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 31, 2019

If a customer wants a camera thats a step up from Hikvision cameras. What would you recommend? He doesnt want to go much more expensive.

Thank you

MD
Matthew Del Salto
Jan 31, 2019
Hudson Security
Uniview has served us well along with Digital Watchdog.
JH
John Honovich
Feb 01, 2019
IPVM

Related integrator recommendations: Best Alternatives to Banned Dahua and Hikvision

Hal Bennick
Feb 04, 2019
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Hanwha.

(3)
CG
Cliff Gaither
Feb 04, 2019

Vivotek

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Feb 05, 2019

Not a Hikvision fan by any means, but what is the end goal?  What is the current product not achieving in the customers eyes?

(2)
(1)
David Delepine
Feb 05, 2019
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

For a step up from Hikua I recommend Digital Watchdog and Hanwha. Uniview would be a equivalent quality/price just with a name that is not tarnished by all the bad press (and bad actions) that come with DaVision.

(1)
(1)
Sean Nelson
Feb 05, 2019
Nelly's Security

Does the customer really want that or do you want that? I cant imagine an end user saying "This Hikvision camera is nice, but do you have a step up?"

If they are asking that question, they will probably be disappointed for the extra cost they will pay because most likely in their eyes their wont be much of a "step up" seen. pound for pound, hikvision cameras are just as good if not better than anything out there including the cameras that cost twice as much as them. As far as recording systems go, that is debatable but you could probably pay 10X more than a Hikvision NVR and see some improvements on a VMS system.

Given that your comment is "he doesnt want to go much more expensive", you simply wont find anything that is a "step up" as far as quality goes. Granted, you may find equal alternatives that are cost comparable but I dont think they would be a step up quality wise.

Perhaps you can give us more insight as to what is involved in a "step up" in this customers eye.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions