Subscriber Discussion

Exacqvision Playback Issue - Downloaded Video Will Skip 4-5 Seconds.

TC
Tim Cook
Jan 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

When playing back, through the Exacq video player (ver. 7.4 & 9.0), downloaded video will skip 4-5 seconds according to the time stamp.

The IP camera is set to motion recording but when this issue occurs the blue motion indicator around the camera frame will turn green for a couple of seconds and then go back to blue. It's during this that the 4-5 seconds of time is skipped over.

Normally, this would not be an issue but during litigation the video was not admissible due to this error. This has happened with 2 different Exacq NVR's and software versions (9.2 & 9.4).

Is it most probably a software issue and has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

(2)
SD
Shannon Davis
Jan 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Could be a motion setting. Make sure your pre and post times are longer. 

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 18, 2019

What kind of cameras, and how is it setup? Is it set to record only on motion or record all the time?

TC
Tim Cook
Jan 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

The cameras are setup for motion recording with default pre- and post- times (1sec.)

SD
Shannon Davis
Jan 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

So depending on where the video motion takes place in the image and the sensitivity of the areas in the image you may not get a constant motion stream. If these are analog cameras then you will definitely have issues. One issue i have found is the motion not being setup correctly on cameras. By default most cameras will have one motion box setup when you first program in the camera. Depending on the resolution of the camera and how far into the scene the video goes then usually more than one motion box is needed. First is you need to increase the pre and post times. The max on exacq is 10 seconds. Next is to check the motion settings.

(1)
TC
Tim Cook
Jan 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I will make these checks.

Thanks for the reply.

Thomas Lienhard
Jan 18, 2019

In my experience, certain cameras (Axis M Series) required two motion detection zones overlapped in order to effectively detect and trigger motion recording events.  Even in areas where a lot of motion was occurring- a large after school club for boys and girls... this was a common fix for cameras deployed across 5 different locations.. (not specific to one server for example)  Note, Exacq servers commonly used Celeron and i5 processors and limited RAM in some of their value models... if there is a lot of information being processed, this can cause buffering or even loss ... 

(1)
Sean Patton
Jan 21, 2019

As Shannon noted, check the motion detection settings and increase your pre- and post- recording times and see if that helps. It sounds like there could be an issue if the recorder is switching back and forth between a motion recording setting and lower-rate always recording setting. 

Have you talked to exacq support about this issue? I will reach out to exacq directly regarding this discussion thread.

SD
Shannon Davis
Jan 21, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I run into this often when the system is installed and the tech doesn't do any programming other than the IP address. Often the frame rate will be at 30FPS, JPEG and no motion settings.

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Apr 24, 2019

We had playback issues where the video would jump forward or backward a few seconds. If you exported two cameras, one would advance during the playback, and the other would not - even though they both had video recorded at the same time. It was not as bad if the video was exported to the stand-alone player, but still an issue.  If it was exported to mp4, no problem with playback, but then we lost the date/time stamps needed for court and the multi-view playback.  This was a huge issue as this was brought to our attention by our jail staff.  It seemed to be independent of the client version as it happened with playback from older and new clients.  The really strange part was that if you played the video backward, it worked just fine - no skips.

I contacted Exacq and they recommended checking the time server settings, updating the firmware on all of the 300 Bosch cameras, and updating the Exacq server software to match the version needed to support the new firmware on the cameras.  This helped with the playback issue quite a bit.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions