Subscriber Discussion

Question On Axis Q7436 Using Coaxitron Control And Exacq To Control A Spectra IV PTZ?

SK
Steven Koranda
Jan 15, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I have two installations using Q7436 encoders connected to spectra IV PTZ cameras using Coaxitron control with Exacqvision PRO VMS.  We are having a terrible time controlling the cameras and keeping them on tour.  Both Axis and Exacq are helpful but the conversations tend to be have you installed the latest firmware on the other product (he said she said).  Is there anyone out there that is expert on this product.  I am trying to sort out the Coaxitron control which is the reason I purchased the product in the first place.

Brian Rhodes
Jan 15, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Hello Steven:

Just to get ahead of the question, which firmwares/software versions are you using on the encoders and Exacq?

Thanks,

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 15, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Have you tried controlling the PTZ from the encoder’s webpage using only the Axis driver?

Does it work succcessfully that way?

IMHO, if that is working then it’s on Exacq, if not it’s on Axis (assuming it’s not the camera).

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 15, 2019

I would have to agree with Undisclosed #1.  I have successfully used the Axis Q7411 controlling Pelco Spectra IV cameras from a VideoNext VMS.  During the initial testing I had to get the Pelco driver in the Axis encoder sorted out first before I could move on the the VMS controlling the camera.  Starting out on the VMS side is just not going to get you down the road.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions