Congrats Top 10 IPVM Commenters Q3 2018 - Sean Nelson Wins

JH
John Honovich
Oct 10, 2018
IPVM

Here are the top 10 IPVM commenters for Q3 2018:

top commenters q3 2018

Your top commenter was Sean Nelson, conductor of the Hikvision train and anti-IPVM brigade. Take that IPVM! In all seriousness, we are happy to see contrarian and diverging perspectives recognized on IPVM as it increases the value of IPVM.  

Moreover, we paid another $4,000+ to 450+ commenters this quarter, as part of our program to reward members based on fellow member's votes.

Any questions or feedback, let us know.

(2)
(3)
BP
Bas Poiesz
Oct 10, 2018

Congrats on that exact number of posts Sean. This fits right into the conspiracy (yes pun intented, don't worry smile John)

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 10, 2018
IPVM

exact number of posts Sean

It's based on votes, not posts.

Note: one other person made the list but declined to be listed ;)

BP
Bas Poiesz
Oct 10, 2018

It's based on votes, not posts.

Thanks for clarifying, it was not clear to me.

Note: one other person made the list but declined to be listed ;)

I considered a new career as Undisclosed #1, i'll be honest :)

As far as posts on IPVM go, that's all good for me.
Ryan explained it would be used on the likes of Facebook and LinkedIn too, that's the part I declined to.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 10, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I considered a new career as Undisclosed #1, i'll be honest :)

The rumors of my retirement are greatly exaggerated;)

(1)
(7)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 10, 2018
IPVMU Certified

This fits right into the conspiracy

More fodder for your conspiracy theory: 

J.D.

(1)
Sean Nelson
Oct 10, 2018
Nelly's Security

Sorry I didnt write a speech so hopefully I remember everyone in my acceptance.

First I would like to thank John for providing this platform. Even though he is really the only employee at IPVM and the number of subscribers is only a handful, I commend him on his efforts to provide a facade of "thousands of subcribers" with the skillful use of endless "Undisclosed" posts, giving the impression of thousands of different subscribers when in reality there is only like 5 or so. 

Secondly, I would like to thank Hikua over the years. Two words: "Cha Ching$$$" That is asian for: "Making Obscene Profits from slangin cyber warheads and human rights abuse machines"

And finally, as IPVM's MVC, I would like to give most thanks to undisclosed #1 and her sisters (undisclosed 2 and up). If it wasnt for her constant falsifications that I needed to clear up with my infinite satrical wisdom, I would never be where I am today. This ones for you ma'am! 

(1)
(25)
BP
Bas Poiesz
Oct 10, 2018

Sadly I can only vote funny once, but this contained far more than 1 pun. Good job sean!

(3)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 10, 2018
IPVMU Certified

And finally, as IPVM's MVC...

MVC = Marty Victor Calhoun.  Explains a lot;)

(6)
MC
Marty Calhoun
Oct 20, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Great Words of wisdom indeed and I agree 100%: 

I would like to thank Hikua over the years. Two words: "Cha Ching$$$" That is asian for: "Making Obscene Profits from slangin cyber warheads and human rights abuse machines"

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: I Would Like To Thank Hikua Over The Years. Two Words: "Cha Ching$$$"

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 11, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Two words: "Cha Ching$$$"

(13)
Sean Nelson
Oct 11, 2018
Nelly's Security

Amazing!

Clint Hays
Oct 12, 2018

Can we get Nelly flags, or #1 foam fingers??

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Oct 11, 2018

That made me LOL at work.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 15, 2018

I would like to give most thanks to undisclosed #1 and her sisters (undisclosed 2 and up)

Undisclosed 1 and 2 have not transitioned yet. I am the only one who has transitioned so far.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #6
Oct 29, 2018

I think Sean has seriously wasted his time and energy posting so much on a site with only 5 subscribers. I as 1 of 3 of those subscribers just in my office, find the information invaluable. I hope the other 2 subscribers out there enjoy the information as much as we do.

(2)
SD
Shannon Davis
Oct 11, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I like how you took the snapshot when Sean was at "666", coincidence or calculated.

(2)
(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Oct 11, 2018

While the in-depth testing of products and breaking industry news coverage are a great service, comments are where you find the real gold. 

Thanks for the great platform guys!

(2)
(1)
SD
Shannon Davis
Oct 11, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Here is one thing for all the new people to this industry. If you have hair and want to keep it get out soon. About 60% of us are in the balding stage from the pictures above. Myself included.

(2)
(3)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 12, 2018
IPVMU Certified

About 60% of us are in the balding stage from the pictures above.

On the other hand, have you ever seen a more diverse bunch?

Just the sheer number of different races, gender and ages represented is staggering ;)

(2)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Oct 13, 2018

Why are there no other ethnic backgrounds on the list?

Is IPVM racists?

What is IPVM trying to cover up? 

(2)
Tim Pickles
Oct 20, 2018
Direct Security

Keeping my hair on.....

Well done Sean - it’s good to have a stablemate on countering the imbalance and bias.

No one puts HIK in the corner....

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 20, 2018
IPVM

it’s good to have a stablemate on countering the imbalance and bias.

No one puts HIK in the corner....

Well, except for the US government... p.s. - You made your headshot the Union Jack? Nicely played!

JH
Jay Hobdy
Oct 12, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Now I know why I am always behind on work...

(1)
(2)
TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Oct 13, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Congrats Sean!

Also, it’s great to have another member of the 666 club! 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions