Subscriber Discussion

Cloud Storage And Video Analytics For Professional Market?

Frederick Jacobs
Sep 11, 2018
Visuatech

For a few year's now we see different offerings of cloud storage for IP camera's. Now we also see that different parties are investing in video analytics in the cloud. In European marked we still don't see this a lot in the professional security industrie and we also always go for a VMS with a powerful server on-site. Do you think this offerings will still grow in de professional marked or do we need to assume that this cloud solution is only for the home users (Arlo, Nest,...). What do you think about this model and can a professional cloud solution with video analytics win form small NVR solution (Hikvision, Dahua, UNV,...)

JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2018
IPVM

Frederick, good question.

The consumer cloud offerings can beat small NVR like Hikua if the customer values better analytics (e.g., see Consumer IP Camera Analytics Shootout - Arlo, Google / Nest, Amazon / Ring, Hikvision / Ezviz).

I do think cloud analytics will rise so long as it is easier / more effective to analyze in the cloud vs the camera. As you note, though it is still uncommon in the professional space. The most well funded effort to change that is the Milestone spin-out Arcules, see: Milestone / Canon Spinout Arcules Cloud Launch

Frederick Jacobs
Sep 21, 2018
Visuatech

Thanks for the feedback John, do you have more professional cloud solution that we should consider?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 21, 2018
IPVM

With analytics positioned for the professional market? Not sure. We have a Directory of VSaaS / Cloud Video Surveillance Providers but I can't immediately think of strong fits for that.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 26, 2018

Hi Frederick, what kind of analytics/vms features would you be interested when it comes to cloud offerings. I represent Duranc.

Frederick Jacobs
Sep 27, 2018
Visuatech

Hi, at this moment we sell the VMS Eocortex with appearance search for 80% of our projects. The functions are similar to Avigilon appearance search but we do it with all IP camera's. For cloud i think of the functions below. 

- Cross line and staying in zone detection

- search on person end vehicles (with or without color)

I did find a cloud provider that has this functions but we first want to compare all solutions in the marked.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 27, 2018

Hi Frederick, thanks for the feedback and clarification.

Duranc does offer line crossing and zone intrusion detection analytics which are few of the analytics offerings from the cloud.

coming to search if i understand you are looking more of a post processing mechanism where in you pick a video file or certain recording to identify all the persons and vehicles from that particular video or during that time frame. 

please do send out an email to vms.sales@duranc.com and we can share more information. Also i would recommend you first try the solution as part of your evaluation.

Regards,

Suresh

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions