Dahua Low-Cost 4MP Camera Tested (N44CL52)

RS
Robert Shih
Sep 10, 2018
Independent

Actually, I think some issues are fixed by one of the firmware versions below:

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.27.R.180525

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523

It's always best to check https://dahuawiki.com/images/Firmware/ directly for branded firmware.

RS
Robert Shih
Sep 10, 2018
Independent

Actually, I think some issues are fixed by one of the firmware versions below:

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.27.R.180525

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523

It's always best to check https://dahuawiki.com/images/Firmware/ directly for branded firmware.

Ethan Ace
Sep 10, 2018

Go to the Dahua Wiki firmware search, please, and search for N44CL52. The version we tested with is what comes up. If these versions are newer, Dahua needs to do a better job.

Also, if I look for N44CL52 on that list you linked to, I would have no idea what applies. Nothing matches that camera model, and there is no indication of what series anything even is. The filenames are cut off before you can even see the version:

We also call Dahua (and Hikvision) tech support before we test, now, because of these issues, and they told us what we tested with was latest. 

(2)
RS
Robert Shih
Sep 10, 2018
Independent

I've learned that Dahua's R&D isn't the most communicative with the rest of its team. New firmware gets released and posted somewhere random without full documentation about....85% of the time?

Basically, Tech Support can't always be...trusted?

(1)
(1)
Sean Nelson
Sep 10, 2018
Nelly's Security

Go to the Dahua Wiki firmware search, please, and search for N44CL52. The version we tested with is what comes up. If these versions are newer, Dahua needs to do a better job.

Also, if I look for N44CL52 on that list you linked to, I would have no idea what applies. Nothing matches that camera model, and there is no indication of what series anything even is. The filenames are cut off before you can even see the version:

Agreed. This is the way it is with most Chinese manufacturers. If you want the most current firmware to be displayed and used by users, then find out a way to to make it more easily findable without having to "know the system" to get the firmware.

RS
Robert Shih
Sep 10, 2018
Independent

Default assumption: Dahua needs to do a better job.

(2)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions