Subscriber Discussion

Analog HD Camera Recommendations, But Stay Away From Dahua And Hikvision If Possible

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Sep 04, 2018

I'm about to begin a project where installing our standard IP based cameras is not an option but I do need to upgrade the current analog cameras that we have in place. I'm looking at replacing 3 fixed and 1 PTZ analog cameras. I want to stay away from Dahua and Hikvision if possible. What are my best options? These cameras will be on an encoder and pulled into Milestone. I'm not too worried about cost, I'm just looking for the highest quality and most reliable cameras possible. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

MS
Midwest Surveillance
Sep 04, 2018

I would give Hanwha a good look. Plenty of form factors with 2MP and 4MP options, and recorders. 

Hanwha Wisenet HD+ Series

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 04, 2018

Also, they now have a 4 or 16 channel encoder that can be pulled in to a VMS, using 1 license (depending on VMS).

The encoders support 4MP AHD, 2MP AHD/CVI/TVI & standard analog video output.  4MP is limited to 15fps.

SPE-410

SPE-1610

Let me know if you have any questions.

(Hanwha Employee)

NB
Nicolas Bellego
Sep 04, 2018

Avtech was the leading company before the 2 Chinese one 

But Hanwha could be the answer for sure 

MD
Matthew Del Salto
Sep 14, 2018
Hudson Security

Digital Watchdog has some decent options last I looked.

(2)
Ed Ed
Sep 17, 2018
Broadband Infrastructure Inc

I was just about to say the same thing Matthew.  We use Digital Watchdog coax deployments in our more harsh environments and have had good luck.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions