August 21, 2018

Ethan Ace
Aug 22, 2018

- Edits to Axis, published

- Shot physical overview, install vids, sent to Ben, will add them in when he's done

- Edits to SNMP post, published

- Discussion comments on both

- Went over consumer analytics testing with Rob, people vs. motion, distance testing, rain, night, etc. It's raining now, so that's a bonus, and hopefully it storms more overnight.

- Catch up with Scanlan, planning for install stuff, shootout, reviewed some of what he's got done so far

- Ordered Dahua 4MP and dual dome from Boris, B&H was backordered for ages, so we can get on with those

- Ordered some replacement cables and hardware, consumables, etc.

Ethan Ace
Aug 22, 2018

oh and realtor: Scanlan's man is a residential agent, is sending someone in his office our way, should be happening soon

Sean Patton
Aug 22, 2018

Draft of Synology completed, set to review. Requested video production from Ben.

Stubbed Luxriot profile, added image, loaded notes, will complete draft tomorrow

Sales class monitored, uploaded worksheet and video. Good discussion with Chris on some additional points of reference on A&E firm relationships.

GH Calculator updates, email support follow up.

Calculator webinar has 170+ registered for tomorrow, I think that's the highest registration we've had yet, interesting considering the time of year, I will be interested to see if we get 50 on the webinar. Slightly concerned about demonstrating the software with the support issues that have popped up this week, but we'll address issues as they come up.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 22, 2018
IPVM

Calculator webinar has 170+ registered for tomorrow, I think that's the highest registration we've had yet, interesting considering the time of year, I will be interested to see if we get 50 on the webinar.

This was primarily promoted via a blast last week to prospects so I suspect turnout will be lower, in the 50 range, since non-members tend to be less likely to show.

Brian Rhodes
Aug 22, 2018
IPVMU Certified

did wireless class 

tested R100

updated github with pros/cons

write up tomorrow, rather fast test, no major issues or surprises, but def. not as ideal as a wired reader 

John Scanlan
Aug 22, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Posted class 11 homework assignment
presented class 11
quick chat with Rhodes re: networking class and GoToWebinar
posted video to course page

worked on cabling install report - should have that done tomorrow

shot Axis IR PTZ videos

reviewed work to be done with Ethan

helped Ryan with a question

email with students

JH
John Honovich
Aug 23, 2018
IPVM

worked on cabling install report - should have that done tomorrow

What is the status of the cabling install report?

John Scanlan
Aug 23, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I need to shoot one more video that demos a wall fish / running the cable vertically.  I’m shooting that after class today.

Rob Kilpatrick
Aug 22, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Went over consumer analytics with Ethan, did outdoor testing (tested detection distances, running through the scene), grabbed clips, talked to ring, nest and arlo support about PIR and motion detection. Watching the cameras in the rain right now, ring and EZVIZ are the only cameras alarming.

Setup cameras in the conference room for Sean patton to test with.

Discussion Cleanup

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions