Subscriber Discussion

Video Retrieval Services And Evidence Management Best Practices

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 18, 2018

Does your firm offer video retrieval services to end-users? It's a question we've been getting recently.

Looking for any recommendations and best practices. Some existing relevant posts on this topic are shared below for all as a reference.

• Have you found a good video evidence management software/service for file management/transfer/authentication? (cloud-based or not)
  • How do you handle custodian of record requests after the export, from a process/compensation perspective?
  • Any semi-automated tools for video extraction based on basic parameters (i.e. geo-location & time interval)?

Relevant posts on this topic on IPVM:

(1)
(2)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 18, 2018
IPVM

#1, great question and thanks for sharing relevant IPVM posts.

The most common approach I have seen is that exporting is offered as part of ongoing service (whether it is a maintenance contract or as a courtesy, etc.).

My experience has been once the integrator helps the customer export it, the customer takes it from there (in their own file system, evidence system, etc.).

Btw, can you elaborate on:

• Any semi-automated tools for video extraction based on basic parameters (i.e. geo-location & time interval)?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions