Subscriber Discussion

August 9, 2018

Ryan Ace
Aug 10, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Received email from Dubale Feyisa. Dubale is trying find a way to pay membership fee. Can't send money from his home country of Ethiopia, but will be in Dubai next week so he asked if we have an office where he could pay. I explained that we don't have any international. His best chance is probably to send money via Western Union when he is in Dubai. 

Refunded Al Alhussein's membership fee per his requested

I emailed users Franky Lam regarding his profile photo. I asked him to switch to professional headshot with his face not obscured. He politely refused to comply as we do not have an official policy on our site about this issue. I emailed him back and asked him to remove the photo and leave it blank. If he does not comply, I will remove the photo myself.

Received remit for $199 wire pmt from BTEC. JH sees the funds in transit, but they have not posted. I will check again tomorrow.

Email with Dan regarding Schwab account online access.

Called PayPal to find out how to get privileges to create payment buttons. They pointed me in vaguely the right direction and JH and I figured it out.

I created early registration PayPal links through 2019, and sent them to Brian. I will need to adjust them manually when the early registration periods end.

Activated Sal Visone 's 7-user group at a 5-year rate per JH.

Responded to email from user Chen Liang regarding width in the calculator.

Emailed 2nd quarter UC filing to Highmark.

Clinton SDI cameras were requested by user Randy Perry. Assigned to contractor.

Finished scrubbing DW models. 71 models assigned to contractor.

Dan Gelinas
Aug 10, 2018
IPVM
  • Edits of Canon V. Avigilon with JH
  • Email correspondence with Ron Broussard and Larry DeMarcay re: Nortek sues SDS
  • ADT thread on FB. Culled & screen capped responses from current and former ADT employees as well as competitors/other industry folks
  • Co-ran sales course with Chris Peterson and JS
  • Worked on Nortek Sues SDS story
  • Fielded a call from Nortek Counsel Dan Schatz and talked with him about their complaint
Brian Rhodes
Aug 10, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Did class 8

Spent most of the day finalizing courses, lots of moving piece

Bumped outstanding Calendar Images

Coordinated Paypal links, thanks Ryan

Added some forums, all are created but still need to add some as 'course resources'

Here's the outstanding issues, to be finished tomorrow:

• Add course instructor section to each page
  • Add all classes to /course page.
  • Write up the overview for Camera Installation Course pages

Also, updated course catalog excel sheets for lightning to update.

Researched ACX Access for Lam.

John Scanlan
Aug 10, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

final edits to the focus report:

• added edited images from lightning
  • added new section on fixed focal 

headed to the office for the networking class / after 15 minutes of class power went out / checked on server room UPS (CSi equipment) and did some other discovery / troubleshooting.

headed home so I could help with with the sales class

after posting the recording to the course page I headed back to the office with plans to shoot an installation video, but realized that the network with vulnerable equipment did not come back online, so I shifted focus to that and some other differed infrastructure work until about 10.

i will shoot that cabling install video next week, probably when I stay to shoot the axis cam.

Ethan Ace
Aug 10, 2018

Wacky day thanks to power outages

finished Uniview tear report edits, sent images to lightning

Edits to backbox post, finish tomorrow

some infrastructure issues, partly due to power outage

Responded to comments and a calculator support issue

planned to get axis going tonight but parts didn’t arrive and camera is acting odd

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions