Hikvision Value Express IP Cameras Tested Poorly

Ethan Ace
Sep 05, 2018

Readers should note that Value Express is a North American model line name. We believe, but cannot confirm without examining components, that these are models sold as HiLook or HiWatch elsewhere in the world.

For example, the ECI-T22F turret in North America is very similar in appearance and specs to the IPC-T220 turret, called HiLook in Europe and HiWatch in the UK. And in some other areas, we've seen similar models in the DS-2CD1XXXG0-I series. 

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Sep 05, 2018
IPVM

Also, to note for those outside of North America: In North America, Hikvision is not (at least yet) selling HiLook or HiWatch.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 05, 2018

What is the thought process on providing even lower costing cameras?  I don't understand the logic.  

(4)
Steve Beck
Sep 05, 2018

This line is designed to compete against LTS. HIK USA were “losing” some deals to LTS. In some cases LTS is 20-40 percent cheaper than HIK USA.

Jianxin Bi
Sep 05, 2018

I don`t think that is correct

LTS is Hikvision OEM

LTS is also selling express series with OEM Version with even cheaper price,

I think this line is designed to compete against Uniview, TVT and Dahua

(1)
Steve Beck
Sep 05, 2018

I know LTS is HIK OEM that’s why I said HIK USA. I’ve had conversations with Hikvision about this. They were starting to lose deals so this was a major reason for the line. Along with have something on the shelf for the ADI guy who always runs to the branch.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 05, 2018
IPVM

Steve, so is LTS selling the lower quality equivalent of this? I am trying to understand why dealers would be open to saving money at the expense of such a noticeable decrease in quality.

Related, what we have heard for at least HiLook and HiWatch is that the lower cost offerings are more aimed at the South China companies (e.g., Longse, etc.).

(1)
(1)
Steve Beck
Sep 05, 2018

Let me do some digging on this. I will have to find a cutsheet of the HIS USA and then spend some time on the LTS site to find an equivalent.

I was not impressed with the HIK Value line even before these tests. The pricing wasn't lower than LTS which was the higher lines of HIK.  

Steve Beck
Sep 05, 2018

Yes LTS is selling the HIK Value Express. Look at the specs of these cameras. Should be the same. 

LTS: CMIP7422

HIK USA: ECI-D12F

(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #4
Sep 10, 2018

These are what I figured out.

HIK model ==> LTS model

DS-2CD7153F-3 ==> CMIP3122

DS-2CD8253F-EI ==> CMIP5323

DS-2CD8283F-EI ==> CMIP5353

DS-2CD8254FWD-EI ==> CMIP8433

DS-2CD8253FWD-EIZ ==> CMIP8433-Z

(1)
SF
Shay Fogel
Sep 05, 2018

Ethan, HiLook ip line supports H.265.

Hikvision and Dahua are looking to utilize the market to its’ fullest with HiLook and EasyIP, mostly targeting local brands that white-label from the smaller Chinese manufacturers. They compete against each other, and against themselves, constantly forcing their distributors to increase volumes by reducing sale price (and margin).

We don’t regularly import anything these days, but we do see our suppliers struggle on a daily basis with unethical, dishonest and manipulative treatment from their Chinese partners, and feel quite sorry for them.

(1)
(2)
IK
Itamar Kerbel
Sep 06, 2018

I agree.

I don't this is the HiLook line.

We sell it and we did not get these IR problems that are reported here.

Ethan Ace
Sep 11, 2018

What models are you using/selling?

I did a little digging and there are two HiLook/HiWatch turret models shown on some sites internationally. The ECI-T22F we tested looks identical to the HWI-T220, while the updated version with H.265 is HWI-T220H on the European site. Other specs between the two look similar.

IK
Itamar Kerbel
Sep 12, 2018

We are selling the:

IPC-B120H-M

IPC-D120H-M

I don't think these are the same models that you tested.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 05, 2018

It is my understanding the North American specific part numbers will combat the sales of imported units flooding the US market. These North American unit cant, or shouldn't be able to be sourced in China, then sold in the US market at ridiculous prices. This should deter white or brown box units that turn to Mandarin when updated and not supported by Hik USA.

I think its a good move but was needed years ago, if indeed this was the strategy for this line. Its disappointing that a 2325 equivalent or better didnt kick off the North American series/naming scheme.  

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Mar 31, 2020

Jumping in a bit late here but I just spec'ed some Value Express domes for a project and forgot that one of the locations will face an exterior window, requiring some decent WDR performance. I saw this report and thought I might have to substitute some other cameras for that spot, but discovered that Hikvision's 4MP Value Express cameras actually have true "120dB" WDR. The 2MP cameras do not.

4MP dome spec sheet here: Microsoft Word - VE ECI-D14Fx 112119NA

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions