Drone Assasination Attempt At Venezuela President May Spur More Security Interest

JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2018
IPVM

Take a look at the video below:

It is still a developing story.

The risks of drones have been well known for some time but events like this could spur more serious interest in anti drone technologies. Thoughts?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2018
IPVM

Cybersecurity reporter Krebs predicts:

(2)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 05, 2018

Drones = Terminator, now I gotta go watch the movie series.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I don’t hear any drones on the audio.

My drone is sooo loud.

(1)
Anton Miller
Aug 05, 2018
Shaked Projects

Anti-drone technologies would only lead to drones resistant to such technologies.

Can't wait. 

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Aug 05, 2018

Latest info I heard is that no drone was involved, it was an explosion from a building on an upper floor. The explosion was not accidental and may have been intended to harm or intimidate him, but the people involved did not use drones in any way.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2018
IPVM

#3, source? I just checked right now and the newest reports are consistently still saying it was a drone.

For example, the Washington Post story published in the last half hour:

Investigators searched a blackened apartment building Sunday where witnesses described seeing a drone and then hearing a thunderous explosion in what President Nicolas Maduro called an assassination attempt by the embattled nation’s opposition.

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Several sources have been reporting things similar to what #3 said. 

For example, the BBC in story published in the last hour.

To add further to the confusion, firefighters at the scene disputed the government's version of events, the Associated Press reports.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, three of them said the incident was actually a gas tank explosion inside an apartment, but did not provide further details, the news agency says.

However, IMHO, the consensus now seems to be that the firefighters were misinformed and it probably was a drone explosion(s).

The only thing that is weird is I can’t find any video of a drone in the air or on the ground yet, since with so many people you would expect something by now.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Aug 05, 2018

We need to update CONTROL’s Cone Of Silence! Make it drone proof and portable. Does Carlson still work there? 

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 06, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Unverified video of drone detonation here.

(2)
SD
Shannon Davis
Aug 06, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I saw this at a presentation. Really cool stuff:

Stop Unauthorized Drones

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 06, 2018
IPVMU Certified

We’re definitely a little closer to this now:

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 07, 2018
IPVMU Certified
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions