Subscriber Discussion

August 2, 2018

Dan Gelinas
Aug 02, 2018
IPVM
  • Messaged ADT Corp Affairs Director, Bob Tucker, whom I used to interview at SSN to ask re: intro to new CMO Jochen re: ADT/Amazon partnership
  • Did background reading/research on Canon Sues Avigilon story
  • Reviewed recent posts on IPVM.com
  • Emailed Honovich re: lots of Dahua on GSA story
  • Did background at IPVM for Lockport NY school facial rec story
  • Emailed Patton to discuss. Got info and looked at links
  • Co-ran sales webinar with Patton and Peterson
  • Did more phone tag with and emailed Nortek Corp Counsel Dan Schatz
  • Saw that ACLU’s Jake Snow (wrote the piece on facial rec at Congress) accepted my LinkedIn request. I messaged him and let him know I’d love his input on RealNetworks giving free facial rec to every k-12 in the us and Canada.
  • Called BSIS in Cali re: alarm company licensure questions. Left company for the woman who runs the alarm company licensing desk.
  • Corresponded with legal expert re: Moni/Brinks
  • Reviewed IPVM recruiter directory
  • Began reading through the Business and Professions Code Alarm Companies, & the California Code of Regulations to find the requirement for licensure
Ethan Ace
Aug 03, 2018

panovu

install discussion/outline updates

checked latest hik/dahua 4mp models

up for awhile doing things for panovu yet, finish tomorrow

Ryan Ace
Aug 03, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Please note: I'll be leaving for a doctor's appointment at 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Several emails regarding the Winter Sales Course.

Multiple emails with a user who was having trouble logging in. Finally determined he was using his name rather than his email as his username. 

Multiple emails from users wanting to upgrade to group accounts. I replied with prices and instructions.

Email from user Ryan Hulse regarding the status of the Exacq group plan he used to admin. That plan is now expired and broken up. Ryan will check with his current account owner to find out more info.

A few emails from users who had typos in their email addresses on file and were not able to log in.

Emailed a few invoices requested by users.

Uploaded 16 Arecont models to calculator/finder.

Created a GitHub thread to track planned vacation days.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Aug 03, 2018
IPVMU Certified

did class 6 with JScan

mtgs/calls about installation class outline, establish next tutorials/guides to write up

This is from my Ring account.  I sent email to Ring for details on what 'motion sensitivity modified by neighborhood support team' means:

I take this to mean they are using human operators to tweak motion settings to avoid false alerts without owner permissions. Will open github issue if this turns out to be true.

Prepping now for Stentofon test videos for tomorrow.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2018
IPVM

I created an issue here https://github.com/ipvideomarketinfo/Reporting/issues/3290

Let's open github issues early so we can track

Sean Patton
Aug 03, 2018

Sales Class, updated poll questions, uploaded video to the class page

Emails with user Kam about install quote he received

Worked on NVR/VMS test. Dahua is working as expected. Tested latency, no significant latency added when using NVR. Tested adding additional cameras to the NVRs after adding them to Milestone - they don't enroll automatically or even by deleting and readding the NVR. I need to try deleting the record of the NVR from the devices file on the C: drive and see if that works. I haven't been able to get our new Hik NVR to connect, only an older model, I emailed Jared wireshark captures to see if he can help. The NVR is on their supported list, and is set up identical to the older model that connects.

Sent Dan what I know about the Lockport deal, reached out to the sales rep that covers that patch for Frontrunner to see if he knows any contacts in district.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2018
IPVM

Sean, close out the NVR / Milestone test today. Edge cases like "I need to try deleting the record of the NVR from the devices file on the C: drive and see if that works." can be avoided for now.

Rob Kilpatrick
Aug 03, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Went over motion/intrusion integration with Ethan for Panovu, confirmed it was working in Milestone/NX/Exacq. Had to troubleshoot why it wasn't adding to Avigilon. Updated chart.

Took down our old tests we still had up and cleared the conference room of the cameras we arent using

added cameras to NVR's for Sean Patton

Discussion Cleanup

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions