Subscriber Discussion

Who Is Using Connectwise?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Who is using Conenctwise and any tips would be helpful. We just signed up, are going through the University, and tinkering with it before we import our clients, etc. Thankfully my new office manager has 6 years experience as a CW admin for a Managed Services firm.

I saw some posts here from 2017 that say some are having a hard time calculating job costs?

Any other helpful tips would be great. I expect to see Michael here soon...

One thing I would like to do is use the agreements/RMR for our commercial alarm accounts who do not pay by credit card. This way we can invoice them yearly and be done with it. For our residential clients paying by CC, we will continue to use AlarmBiller.

MM
Michael Miller
Jul 30, 2018

Remember Connectwise is a marathon not a sprint. Pick 1 or 2 things to implement at a time or you are going to be overwhelmed unless you have a dedicated staff to handle the role out.  

CW has lots of groups to share ideas through the issue is they are mostly MSPs or IT companies.  I would be awesome to get a group of integrators together for quarterly meetings to share ideas.

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Oh yeah, the University site alone is overwhelming. Like you said, it seems like most CW users are MSP's. That is where my office manager came from. That is why we are looking for those that are using CW in the security/low voltage industry.

Any luck on forming a group? They have some groups at the University. Have you asked about creating one for security/low voltage?

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Aug 02, 2018

Jay if you haven't already I would recommend attending these Connectwise events. I would also recommend signing up for the HTG Groups

JH
Jay Hobdy
Aug 02, 2018
IPVMU Certified

So are we the only 2 here that use CW? LOL

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions