Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision Ds-2cd2155 Camera Config Inaccessible After Update

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 16, 2018

Hi guys,

I have a few Hikvision DS-2cd2155 cameras that show the configuration menu all squeezed together and won't let me click into anything when using Internet explorer after updating to the latest firmware version (V5.5.0 build 170725)

I can log in and see the menu fine using chrome but when using chrome changes don't apply.

Please see screenshot below.

any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks for your help!

Rob Kilpatrick
Jul 16, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I've seen this happen when upgrading some of our Hikvision cameras (to 5.5.x) and NVR's, mostly happened with cameras though, Refreshing IE fixed the problem each time. You could also try reinstalling the IE plugin.

UI
Jul 16, 2018

Thanks Rob,

I tried both of these suggestions, but the issue still persists.

Vincent Tong
Jul 16, 2018

Have you tried clearing your history and all the cache?

(1)
(2)
UI
Jul 17, 2018

That worked!

Thanks so much for your help!

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 17, 2018

I had this same issue once. Uninstalling the webcomponents.exe plugin from the Windows Apps settings and reinstalling it via the browser worked fine. Hikvision tech support claimed my version was outdated.

Sure wish they would get with the program and end the reliance on IE for god's sakes. Hell you can't even save pics or video unless you launch it as administrator, and try educating a customer on how to do that...

MD
Matthew Del Salto
Jul 17, 2018
Hudson Security

Use the Batch Config Tool to adjust the settings without web ui.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions