Subscriber Discussion

DW Spectrum Cloud - Management

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 25, 2018

Hi guys,

Anyone using DW Cloud/NX Cloud?

How do you manage your systems? I assume you set up a separate cloud account per customer? How's that working out for you as far as logging into your customers accounts with the desktop client/mobile app? The old port forwarding way allowed you to just save systems in the client. the new way makes you completely log out of the cloud account and then manually re enter the cloud credentials for the specified account. Same goes for the mobile app client.

Unless I'm missing something here, this makes using Spectrum a bit more cumbersome.

Anyone else feel this way too?

Sergey Bystrov
Jun 25, 2018
NetworkOptix

U1,

cloud system can be shared by many cloud users, so you have 2 options:

1) Setup separate account per customer while setting up the system(which I believe you do) , then share the system with your cloud account. This way your cloud account will have access to all your users systems.

2) you make yourself owner of the system( while setting up the system link it to your cloud account). Then share it with specific user. 

In both cases, you'll have access to all your users systems through one(your's) cloud account. This way you never have to log out and have instant access to all systems. 

To share system with another cloud user - just create new cloud user in the system and define the role. 

(1)
(5)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 25, 2018

Sergey,

Thank you for that tip! That was just what I wanted :)

I prefer option two as it keeps each system separated, while still allowing me to administer each of my customers systems with ease. 

Thanks again!

Sergey Bystrov
Jun 25, 2018
NetworkOptix

In both cases, systems are separated. It's only a question of who is the "owner"

Owner unlike admin, can
- merge systems
- disconnect system from the cloud 
- create admins. 

So you can use any scheme you like. 

(3)
Vincent Tong
Jun 25, 2018

This cloud management system is pretty easy to use pretty slick as well.  Once you take ownership you can send invites and you can easily share or open a web client and even the thick client from there.

Here are a few screenshots as an example.

(1)
(3)
Jon Dillabaugh
Jun 26, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

We have been using it with great success since it was launched, with the exception of one site where we are battling with IT to allow our servers a connection to the cloud. It is way easier to manage multiple client sites. Setting up new users is a cinch now. All you need is their email address to invite them. 

(1)
Sergey Bystrov
Jun 26, 2018
NetworkOptix

Jon,

FYI, as I know, that one case you referring to was a firewall related issues. On that specific site firewall did not let cloud traffic through. As I know we managed to reproduce the issue in our lab and fixed it. Though I'm not sure if the fix makes it's way to 3.2 or just patch after 3.2. 

Brett Byrnes
Oct 03, 2018
TKS Security

In case anyone needs to whitelist the destination IP/Name, I think this is what it is:

dwspectrum.digital-watchdog.com

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions