Subscriber Discussion

Solution For Single Door With PIN

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jun 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

We have a new client and in this particular location, there is no budget for access control.

-Location is a fitness center for residents of an apartment community

-No internet

-The lock must lock automatically when the door is closed. Like a door handle in your home, I just don't know what that it is called. Latching?

-The lock has to have electronic scheduling to allow entry only at certain times

-PIN's are fine/preferred. I do not think they will want to buy 300 cards/fobs

-we are installing an alarm.com based alarm system so a Z wave lock would be great. But I only know of Z wave deadbolts

Scott Bradford
Jun 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

It sounds really easy, except the time scheduling. I would say just do a self contained door lock with a pin pad on it but if you must have a time schedule and over ride, then you will probably have to do a real access control system.

Open Options is a pretty simple access control system that runs on Mercury hardware. You could have the control board going go a strike with a simple HID combo keypad and be all set. Staff gets FOBS, residents gets PINS.   Probably could do this for about $1500

(2)
Brian Rhodes
Jun 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Something like an off-line Alarmlock Trilogy may be best here.  They run $400 - $800 depending on trim factors and lock options:

No Z-Wave support, but it is unclear which networked features would be used, otherwise items like scheduling and PINs are managed in the lock.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions