Subscriber Discussion

May 23rd, 2018

Sean Patton
May 24, 2018

Email support

Finalized VMS vs NVR

Emailed Genetec about Stratocast/Comcast post

Discussion responses

Linkedin perusing, looking for possible subject, found Openpath through a Karas post, quick researched, github'd. Discussion back and forth with Brian about the post. Didn't get a chance to review tonight.

Call with Nate and Greg regarding multi-imagers, created new GH issue for Greg in UX repo, linked the 2 issues. Updated both issues.

Still working on VMS server sizing, 95% ready for review, just ran out of time tonight to finish, will mark when ready for review tomorrow morning.

Registered for a Microsoft Webinar for tomorrow afternoon about Public Safety using IoT, hope to get a post out of it

Ethan Ace
May 24, 2018

ordered avigilon sl

ordered dahua models from boris

got word that axis, hanwha stuff that's been ordered recently is now coming in june. love ISC releases.

looked at oncam, hikvision fisheyes, started on reports

got bosch calibrated and set up with rob, will likely change it somewhat tomorrow. calibrating is still a little finicky but it seems improved compared to when we last tried it. you can now full screen the video to calibrate. perspective looks somewhat off, but that could be due to mounting height.

that being said, it has had 0 false alerts since we set it up 5 hours ago. and detection range looked fairly solid. this should run through the weekend for proper data and rain conditions, write up next week.

Ryan Ace
May 24, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Email support, including a couple refund requests, as well as requests for invoices and receipts.

Received email from Barrett Quint regarding PayPal refund I issued to him on 4/19. He asked why it's still pending. I let him know it's showing complete on our side, so he will need to contact PayPal regarding the funds availability.

Charged and reactivated Public Health Agency of Canada's group subscription.

Added ten 360 Vision Predator models to the calculator.

Received WAMA spreadsheet and pics from contractor tonight. I will upload tomorrow.

Revised the listings of 18 of the multi-imager model numbers Sean sent yesterday. I'll have these complete tomorrow.

A few emails with JS regarding support issues and camera upload.

Rob Kilpatrick
May 24, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Received Oncam fisheye today - Addressed / mounted / firmware updated and then filled in notes on our spreadsheet, checked integration and dewarping on each VMS, went through web interface since I've never used an Oncam camera before.

Weatherproofed and mounted the Bosch Analytics camera, went through calibration with Ethan and checked distances it would alarm on, also went through VMS integration to see what we can use to grab examples.

Called Dahua tech support to ask about doing resets over the phone.

Discussion cleanup

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions