Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Company Org Chart Recommendations? 5-10MM Range...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 03, 2018

Interested to see what other integrators are doing in terms of organizational structure. For instance, breakdown of departments, roles, responsibilities, titles, etc. 

We are trying to figure out the best way(s) to structure our operations and installations team, with both field, in-house, and back of house support.

Just curious as to what other integrators in the 5-10MM gross revenue range are doing.

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
May 03, 2018

What region of the country are you in?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 03, 2018

Northeast 

JH
John Honovich
May 03, 2018
IPVM

If you are in the $5 to $10 million range, I am guessing you have somewhere between 30 and 100 people. Where you are in that range and what the average size of your projects are (i.e., do you normally do lots of small systems or fewer bigger systems) are key factors but some general thoughts.

To your question, you definitely want to focus on greater specialization as you get larger. A 10 person integrator may rightfully want people to 'wear a lot of hats' but at your size, you will want people to specialize into clear roles and figure out how which personalities are better at which tasks (some people excel at service, others don't but are good at designing or organizing the warehouse, etc.).

I'll also email you offline. Let's see what others have to offer.

(1)
MH
Marcin Heniborg
May 04, 2018

Very good question.  Any takers?

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions