Subscriber Discussion

May 1, 2018

Ryan Ace
May 02, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Webinars with Scanlan and Rhodes

Added 4 requested cameras.

Internet outage here for about 1.5 - 2 hours slowed things down a bit.

Support emails, mostly questions about course registrations or processes. We received a few more emails regarding where to find quizzes and assignments for the current Networking Course. Scanlan covered this again on both webinars today. I emailed the users back with screenshots and links. JS, can post just the portion of the recordings as an explainer video? I will set aside time tomorrow to assess the page layout and make recommendations. JH do you want me to file my observations to GitHub or send them to you first?

JH forwarded me an email from JoEllen at PASS Security, asking how many PASS employees are members of NSI's IPVM group plan. It let her know there are 8, and asked if they were thinking of splitting off on their own. I also sent her info on group rates.

Emailed James Spencer of the Federal Protective Service, after JH noticed he had generated an invoice for himself. James said he is in the process of getting a group plan approved and will be in touch when they are ready to sign up.

JH forwarded an email from Brenda at Ecmor, asking if she could open an account in her company's name rather than her own. I advised her that we do not allow accounts to be in the company's name, per se, but we do have group plans and she can certainly have an individual account paid by her company.

Brian Rhodes
May 02, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Did winter camera wrapup class

Did both networking classes

Setup camera class starting next week (Will send newsletter tomorrow)

Discussed next steps for installation videos w/ Scanlan - wall/ceiling boxes & domes next

Request to Lightning to update/ do new images for migration access guide

Sean Patton
May 02, 2018

Final edits to Saros report

Talked to videoedge Jammy, updated post with information, just waiting on MSRP pricing info. I told him we will be publishing tomorrow and I need the info first thing in the morning. 

Call with March about updates to their platform, a good amount of discussion in regards to Cannabis security market and their sales growth related to that.

Conversations with both Rhodes and Ethan regarding integrator group

Discussions

Emailed any users I previously supported regarding the export issue with the calculator

John Scanlan
May 02, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

reveiwed quiz inconsistency with Ryan / showed him how to review results /
seems to be mostly user misunderstanding / reviewed this during both recorded lecture sessions

reviewed vulnerability scanner over VPN / custom IP address field with development team.
created new issued for custom IP addresses and ranges

updated and posted assignment 3 for class
reviewed homework submissions

lecture morning class
convert video / upload to wistia / embed on the course page

lecture evening class
convert video / upload to wistia / embed on the course page

final review of network hardware report
https://ipvm.com/reports/surveillance-network-hardware-guide-draft
set to review

final review of network security report
https://ipvm.com/reports/network-security-for-ip-video-surveillance-draft
set to review

responded to Meghan Uhl re: PoE support questions

Discussed next steps for installation videos w/ Rhodes

Rob Kilpatrick
May 02, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Unboxed / addressed / updated / defaulted / mounted Axis camera that was received today.

Went over what we needed for Avigilon report / went through the fisheye spreadsheet with Ethan.

Shot full light / low light / dark in the conference room 

Made comparison images for the Avigilon report.

Discussion cleanup

Ethan Ace
May 02, 2018

Happy mayday, comrades

Fisheye testing, some indoor image quality testing on all cameras

specific testing on avigilon fisheye for streaming, compatibility, dewarping, ONVIF support, immervision SDK, Vivotek differences 

Stubbed out and started filling in that report, will be done tomorrow afternoon. 

Went over other findings with rob

reviewed Scanlan updates to networking posts

discussion with Rhodes and Patton about integrator group 

some answers for developers and discussions

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions