Friday August 30, 2013 Daily Update

JH
John Honovich
Aug 30, 2013
IPVM

Monday is a holiday.

Remember to study. Everyone has to know the fundamentals cold.

Brian Rhodes
Aug 30, 2013
IPVMU Certified

I will be studying lensing, because those concepts are very technical. I'm fairly shallow on understanding major things like 'f stops' and 'focal lengths'. I've been through the class several times now, too.

So for anyone scared they'll look 'weak' or 'dumb' in front of Honovich for knowing a random topic: please just study because you don't know it. DO NOT TRY TO FAKE IT, we all get burned.

Derek Ward
Aug 30, 2013
Hanwha
  • Made final edits to PoE post with Ethan's assistance.
  • Figen and I shot the camera mounting height images. Same process as yesterday, I used a ladder to reach the camera, and adjusted the FoV accordingly. Wasn't as hot as yesterday, but I certainly got some added color ;).
  • Setup cameras with Ethan for Sarit's Adding IP Camera's post. On Tuesday, I'm going to check that each camera has firmware updated, factory defaulted, and is in focus on our clock target.
  • Going to study this weekend, as well as look into what the android platform has in terms of open surveillance apps. If I find anything interesting, I'll pass it along.

Hope you all have a great and safe labor day weekend!

CP
Carlton Purvis
Aug 30, 2013
  • Booked hotel and flight for ASIS. When's our meeting to discuss the ASIS game plan?
  • Got the bus contract from the school district. This is it. Here is the camera they are using. I'm going to start writing this on Monday and it will be finished by Thursday after the interview with the guy in charge of the project.
  • Working on the highschool mesh network parking lot post
  • No responses from Martin Gil (to phone calls or emails). Abandoning that one for now.
  • Got in touch with my friend who is a reporter turned prison guard. He says he didn't really work with the system more than a couple times and he doesn't know who the primary operator is. What he does know is that "The only blind spots are basically in the inmates cells, showers, and bathrooms." That's all I got out of that.
  • New York's Domain Awareness system is getting an audit from the comptroller. Hopefully it provides insights as interesting as Philly's. We're on "the list" of media who want to get a heads up once it is released
FB
Figen Bekisli
Aug 31, 2013

-Camera mounting height test with team. Documented test results and started editing images.

-Went over crossline detection results from Genetec. Organized each crossline position and corresponding events together.

-Edited color fidelity article with Ethan.

JG
John Grocke
Aug 31, 2013

Wrote a post on network managed power supplies.

Updated frustrated Genetec user discussion with replies from them.

Registered for ASIS.

Spoke to Novattach for possible post.

attended study hall.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions