Subscriber Discussion

Sales Question: Do Any Sales People Use Remote Apps To Meet With Existing Or Potential Customers?

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 05, 2018

As a norm, I would imagine that most do not.

However....  since travel expenses are such a significant cost in the sales process, I wonder why GTM/GTW, Skype, FaceTime, etc aren't used more often - or at all - to 'meet' with these customers.

Does real human face to face contact play the primary role in a customer deciding to buy?

Why wouldn't a group of decision-makers from the customer side rather do a remote meeting with you vs having to host you (potentially for hours) at their site in order to decide that they want to buy your stuff?

Are free lunches for customers the real sales hook?  ;)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 05, 2018

As an integrator when selling to customers sometimes we will set up a phone call ahead of time to ensure they are qualified and allow us to show up prepared for an in-person meeting having a background on what they need. 

On the other end when manufactures or suppliers reach out to us I always start with a phone call and if it is a small purchase will never end up meeting with them. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 05, 2018

We do mostly smaller projects, in the $20K-$30k range. As we refine our sales process, we do a phone call first to discover their needs, who is making the decision, and if there is a budget for this.

Then we meet on site and do a walk-thru.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions