Subscriber Discussion

List Of Top 10 Manufacturers Who Manufacture Their Products

HB
Harris Bond
Feb 25, 2018

Does such a list exist? By top I mean in sales revenue and certainly do not include any company that OEMs from others.

From what I know:

1) Hikvision

2) Dahua

3) Axis

Also Mobotix and Avigilon but are they in the top 10?

CD
Chalon Dilber
Feb 25, 2018

From the examples you've provided it sounds like you're focusing on camera manufacturers.  With that in mind and with notes on exceptions at the end, I would add the following to your Top 10 in terms of revenue:

Uniview

Hanwha Techwin

Tiandy

Bosch

Infinova

IDIS

Dynacolor

Vivotek

FLIR (thermal only & software)

Companies like Axis and Avigilon also have access control, software, etc. sales.

Pelco OEM many of their standard cameras although I believe majority of their PTZs and specialty enclosure (e.g. Exsite) products are still manufactured in-house and would land them in the top 10.

(1)
JW
Julian Wendler
Feb 25, 2018

Acti

Aimetis

Aiphone

Alphafinity

Arecont Vision

Axis

Axton

Bosch

Dahua

ETS

Geovision

LTS Security

Messoa

Mobotix

QNAP

Raytec

Samsung

Speco

Sony(deliver only chips to some manufacturers)

Ubiquiti

Videocomm

Vivotek

For what I know, is this an actual list of manufacturers.

Pelco(where we do Security in the Netherlands in Helmond near Eindhoven) doesn't make any camera on their own. they receive cameras from Taiwan(Vivotek??)

Hikvision make since 2 years or so their own cameras. United Technology Corporated(UTC) receive from several manufacturers the cameras. but the most I recognize from Geovision and Dahua. sometimes Vivotek.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 25, 2018
IPVM

Julian, there is a number of problems with your list. Just to start, LTS and Speco definitely do make their own cameras. LTS is a Hikvision OEM and Speco has OMed various over the years, most recently Dahua.

I am removing your list because I am afraid of promoting clearly false information. I do appreciate your willingness to contribute. Email me at john@ipvm.com if you have questions or feedback.

JW
Julian Wendler
Feb 25, 2018

Who has more accurate information for my list, i would like to hear it. 

Every brand would say they manufacture cameras on their own.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 25, 2018
IPVM

Strictly speaking, 9 out of 10 'brands' easily do not make their own cameras.

There's 150+ across just these 2 directories that are OEMing, see: Dahua OEM Directory and Hikvision OEM Directory.

(1)
JW
Julian Wendler
Feb 25, 2018

By demes and Hyundai are also Dahua 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions