Subscriber Discussion

Wednesday January 24 2018

Brian Karas
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM

Edits/updates to Convergint report.

Call with investors about IndigoVision

Some additional followup on Project Green Light and working on that report.

Attempted to contact Davis School District buyer contact about ADI. No response, will keep on this tomorrow.

Listened to Alan Kruglak rant about how much he hates Avigilon.

Also, Tim from Dahua was just texting me about the Hikvision hearings. Nothing major, I think they may try to attend/listen. 

Brian Rhodes
Jan 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Classwork today:

Responded to/reviewed assignments

Updated Week 5 Decks

Revised Master Key report based on feedback from class, it can be republished if needed because interest in class always is really high on that: https://ipvm.com/reports/master-keying-explained

JH
John Honovich
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM

we just released master key post 3 weeks ago, yes? if so, not to re-release so soon

JH
John Honovich
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM

i am confused why is the date jan 1, 2018 we didn't publish anything on the first?

Brian Rhodes
Jan 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

We might have, I moved it to Jan 1 when I updated it yesterday just so I could find it on the calendar easier, but I don't know when it was rereleased last. 

I added to the cost section, and added our keyway guide link, but those are minor.  

It's not important enough to republish if we just did it.  

Ethan Ace
Jan 25, 2018

It was published on 9/14 according to my emails.

Brian Rhodes
Jan 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

JH is right, we republished it last Sept. I just found the 'check' emails I sent him on it.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM

don't move dates of published posts unless we immediately intend to republish and comment on the post accordingly otherwise it can cause confusion; it's not as big a deal on a minor post like that but it's a bad habit to get into

Brian Rhodes
Jan 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

ok

Ethan Ace
Jan 25, 2018

Wrote up cold weather test. I will wrap up in the morning whatever needs doing. 

Answered questions and reviewed 5mp/6mp testing with Scanlan and rob. Checked setup, etc. I’ll make a new git for everything. 

Double checking some intel testing numbers. I’ll reply to Milestone I just haven’t had a chance yet. 

Reviewed some camera entry issues with scanlan

Reviewed and commented on install syllabus

Rob Kilpatrick
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Added the 2MP cameras to the test we shot, set up and shot day distances and center vs edge. shot night low light/ dark no IR / Dark with IR / center vs edge for the new cameras / IR walk. Still need to shoot WDR scenes tomorrow.

Got notes and screenshots of Haven stuff, Have to go over with Ethan before updating.

Checked Milestone server to make sure of settings on client.

John Scanlan
Jan 25, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Reviewed install course with Ethan

reset some of the cameras for the 5MP test cameras due to use in other tests / vms pushing settings / setup & shot day and night for that test / will post details on GitHub and shoot WDR tomorrow 

broke down cold weather test weather equipment 

member support

support / emails with data entry people & reviewed work from one / have a call at 8am to go over some issues & questions

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions