D-Link ONVIF Switch Tested

John Scanlan
Nov 29, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified
intro  Last year we provided a product profile on the D-Link DGS-1100-10MP, a switch designed for IP cameras.  We recently bought and tested that switch. Inside we provide our findings on ONVIF Co...

Read the full report here
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Dec 04, 2017

Great review as always, thanks. Anyone had experience had with Aetek industrial switches? Also ONVIF device auto discovery, automatic topology creation,... I'm interested in your opinion, maybe some testing as well... Cheers!

(1)
PC
Paul Crouch
Dec 06, 2017

Thanks for this report. Looks cool, I think I'll try it.

(2)
John Scanlan
Jan 19, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Update - the v1.01B020 firmware tested is now posted to the Support Site for all users to download.

(1)
JK
John King
Mar 08, 2018

Does the switch display security panels such as Mercury MR series, AMAG M2150 series, JCI CK721, and/or Software House iStar series panels? Is there a feature that allows for the manual labelling of the ports?

David Warren
Mar 12, 2018
Security Network Advisors LLC

I've been in development of a cloud based POE switch. Full ONVIF integration and full SDK integration with some very big companies. The GUI is light years ahead of DLINK. I'm still working on some little bugs before I send you guys a unit to test, but based on what I see here it's not even close. The topology alone blows this up.

Also added AI into the mix to make decision for you based on preferences. Auto port reboot for unresponsive PD devices, Auto voice VLAN, Video VLAN...Looking at some deep learning too with some analytic companies. 

Internal or external cloud hosting and the setup and maintenance of the network is so much easier. Through SNMP v2+ also seamlessly integrates other switches on the market. Been talking to several companies in the security industry about full SDK integration so they can use this as their cloud/hardware solution.

(1)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Aug 06, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I've been in development of a cloud based POE switch.

you run POE from the cloud to the ground?

any issues with voltage drop?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Aug 06, 2019

I never heard about this switch.

How popular is this Switch in the video surveillance market?

U
Undisclosed #4
Aug 06, 2019

So who will code the first ONVIF SPOOF?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions