Subscriber Discussion

Crossover Products Of Dahua Company.

Joel Rosario
Nov 07, 2017

Hello dear team. Being comparing several brands of panoramic cameras, I have found with the chance that the camera models: Dahua DH-IPC-EBW812A0N
Dahua DH-IPC-EBW8600 ...

They show on the manufacturer's page, Crossover product: EOL: DH-IPC-EBW812A0N (NK8BR4) and EOL: DH-IPC-EBW8600N-IVC (N68BR4V).

Case that I found curious, so looking on the internet I find myself in link, which mentions in summary the tendency of several manufacturers to make product innovations based on characteristics of other existing. I leave here the link where said case is mentioned.

Link about crossover trend

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/magazine/mobileworld/2010/3/articles/201010/t20101021_193311.html

By When autumn’s Golden Wind embraces Dew of Jade/All the love scenes on earth, however many, fade. When the lines of this classic poem were written 900 years ago by the Chinese poet Qin Guan, he might not have expected that his idea would still be relevant today. The idea of two elements coming together to cause transformation, is understood in fashion, manufacturing, and marketing as “crossover”.

I put the topic under discussion so that if someone knows the term, he orients us and, if applicable or not, my reference link.

Best regards.

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

You may not want to use Dahua as an authoritative source of English language usage, see Does Dahua Not Have A Single English-As-A-First Language Employee?.

Here, Dahua is merely telling us that part# EBW812A0N is being or has been discontinued, also know as EOLed for End Of Life, and is being replaced by part# NK8BR4.  The earlier part therefore has been superseded by the new, which can be found here.

IMHO, calling this a "crossover" is misleading, as that term is typically used when calling out compatible or equivalent parts between manufacturers.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions