Subscriber Discussion

Electronic Security System Regulation In China

mh
mark holm
Nov 06, 2017

I’m working on an electronic security system (video surveillance, access control, intrusion detection) for a large, American-owned office space in Shenzhen. The owner is concerned about applicable government regulations which might apply to these systems. Has anyone done an work in China, and can comment on this matter? Maybe someone knows of a resource where applicable information can be obtained?  Thanks in advance for your help.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 06, 2017

The is a legal requirement that you must provide the means if requested by the government access to your system, I am trying to locate this original document link, but this is something which is part of a 2017 internet policy.

Naturally, this only related to a product which resides inside China. You didn't say if this was for an international marketed product.

You also like to read the following, which is very much more details, and also can potentially be an issue in future again relating to only domestic internet devices.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/DldO5aiRVR2RsAmIRx9RgQ

If you're talking about a LAN system, I don't believe there are any such laws relating to access; it's more about web-enabled devices.

So it's safe to assume any P2P server or Cloud company based in mainland China is subject to strict government access requests. That means a large amount of low-cost system using domestic Cloud servers.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions