Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Example Corporate Surveillance Standards

wk
william keane
Oct 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am wondering if any of the members have developed a "specifications" document for CCTV/VMS installations that can be issued to integrators to ensure that standards are maintained throughout the organization.  Would anyone be willing to share their document for reference?

Brian Rhodes
Oct 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hello William:

Are you referring to installation specifications?  Give a short example of what you mean, i.e.: "All camera domes should be cleaned when soiled and at least twice annually"

Or do you mean a governing buying specification?

wk
william keane
Oct 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hi Brian,  I am referring to general specification document that a company would issue to a project manager to ensure that the VMS was installed the same across sites.  Was thinking the document would cover indoor fixed cameras, outdoor fixed/PTZ cameras, cabling, power supplies, monitors, licensing and installation, testing, etc.

Michael Silva
Oct 25, 2017
Silva Consultants

What you are asking for is what we call "Security Design Standards". Consultants prepare these for clients for a fee that typically runs between $5,000 and $10,000. If someone here is willing to share theirs for free, be sure and say thanks.

(3)
wk
william keane
Oct 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

agreed.  Thanks Michael

MS
Michael Strong
Oct 25, 2017

Hello William

Agree with Michael Silva.  The consultant engages with the stakeholders and develops a set of security design standards for that organization.  This is a deliverable for which there is a cost.

There are also the Masterformat Construction Specs.  For Security the Division 28 Specifications.  These are typically developed for New Construction projects but there is no reason they cannot be applied to existing construction new projects.  The Security Design Standards are developed first and the the Div 28 specs would be for a specific project and details to the contractor the required specifications for the project.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions