Subscriber Discussion

Thursday October 12 2017

Brian Karas
Oct 13, 2017
IPVM

Final edits to CGL report and release in the AM.

Wrapped up the Searching Video Problems report.

Spent some time online with Chinese researcher behind Samsung, and seemingly Uniview, vulnerabilities and testing.

Working on getting Dahua OEM list together, that is going to be one of my primary focus items tomorrow.

Conversations with 2 hotels for IPVM User Meeting (there is/was some large convention in Vegas this week for the hotel event planning industry or something, thus the slow responses, should have some quotes tomorrow for the revised 2-day agenda).

Looked into 2 other DVR vulnerabilities (one from Bashis, one from the Indian guy that we did the Hikvision password crack tool on). Both small no-name brands, will add them to the exploit directory, but not worth doing posts on.

Brian Rhodes
Oct 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Did classes

updated camera course/homework

tomorrow get with J Scan on new homework assignment for week 5 of IP networking

Rob Kilpatrick
Oct 13, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Addressed / firmware updated / defaulted /mounted the axis multi-imager.

Worked on Hik-connect vs companion comparison, going over what I have tomorrow with Ethan.

Made short video of Exacq fan noise.

Ethan Ace
Oct 13, 2017

finalize and publish exacq m, answer a few questions on it

final edits to geovision report

initial look at the axis p3707, notably smaller than hanwha, smaller imagers (can be positioned with 45° of each other), and simply feels more compact and usable. 

started looking at rob hik/axis findings but ran out of time, will review tomorrow

JH
John Honovich
Oct 13, 2017
IPVM

initial look at the axis p3707, notably smaller than hanwha

everything is smaller than hanwha, comparing size and physical adjustment capabilities is worthwhile

in terms of image quality, though, i think it's better to test against an axis m or p series dome to get a sense of image quality tradeoffs

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions