Aug 14, 2013
IPVMU Certified
Maglock Selection...

Read the full update here

Michael Silva
Aug 22, 2013
Silva Consultants

Brian,

Magnificent article. I would say that only about 1 in a 100 access control techs know about door handing, so readers of IVPM who read and understand this will have a significant advantage.

(To be honest, after more than 25 years in specifying hardware, I sometimes forget myself, and need to look at a "cheat sheet" that I have printed on the back of my door survey forms...)

U
Undisclosed #1
May 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...and inadvertently omitting them from a job estimate can cost hundred or thousands in additional hardware and labor.

I'm assuming that means that the L+Z bracket takes significantly more time than just the L, yes/no?

Brian Rhodes
May 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

No, but installing brackets may not always be clean and easy depending on the frame dimensions or how crowded they might already be with common door equipment requiring clearances like closers.

I have seen single doors require significant extra work because the swing direction did not consider mounting the maglock properly on the frame.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions