How Would You Install / Position This Fisheye Camera At The DFW Airport?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 28, 2017
IPVM

First, an overview of the camera mounted on the left side of the image: 

And then a close up of the camera's mounting:

So what do you recommend?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 28, 2017

I would tear a sizable hole in the ceiling tile and free-air white PVC cat5 down to a mishmash of black EMT purchased at Menards.  I would then find the largest white Axis housing possible and mount an Axis M-series camera (for cybersecurity) into it.

Brian Karas
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM

a mishmash of black EMT purchased at Menards.

I think that might actually be a Panavise flexmount. Possibly indicating the camera location is temporary, or meant to be repositioned.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Sep 29, 2017

I think I would drop a 1/2” white pipe down to a pendant cap. 

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Sep 29, 2017

This particular camera installed base on the picture , in my opinion is not a Fisheye camera in the first place.

This look more like Axis M50 miniature PTZ camera use to pan and tilt in the prescribe environment as M50 PTZ do not have paranomic lens or fisheye lens

The lens on this camera is 3.6mm F 1.8 

If this is a fisheye camera , the camera should be mounted in the center of the false ceiling or with a drop down pole taking full advantage of the coverage it is capable of.

(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Sep 29, 2017

I liked going through Atlanta a few weeks ago...  Hopefully they were not using cameras embedded in the drop ceiling...  Nice aesthetics...

U
Undisclosed #5
Sep 29, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Nice aesthetics...

Granted, but picking asbestos out of your hair makes it almost not worth it;)

Jon Dillabaugh
Sep 30, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

I’m sitting in concourse B at ATL right now. This concourse has ceiling tiles. 

JH
John Honovich
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM

Social media customer service overdo:

(2)
Kyle Folger
Sep 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Wow John, what feedback did you provide exactly? It seems like the fastest way to get A response from a company is to post on social media. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions