Subscriber Discussion

Tuesday September 19 2017

Brian Karas
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM

Contacted FTC email about Hikvision security issue to see if we can file some kind of formal complaint, waiting for response.

Working on Siemens integrator survey post.

Emailed CTO of Nupsys to see if they want to schedule a followup interview since the previous attempts did not happen, no response from them yet.

Setting up call w/Velos lawyer about their H.265 patent portfolio.

Brian Rhodes
Sep 20, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Did both classes

Wrapped up final emails from camera class

Confirmed w/ Genetec for tomorrow's call, studied the marketing material for it in advance of call

Lawry think Grillo is going to liquidate/sell remaining parts of ACRE over net two years as he exits security and runs out of operating capital after Mercury sale.

John Scanlan
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

posted class 2 networking slide deck for lighting to update

lectured networking class 1

assisted camera wrap up class

member and calc support issues

created wistia account

talked w/ Anders submitted his w9 for payroll

text/emailed/spoke with Derek - he is going to take care of the super low light cameras.  He hopes to have them tonight, if not tomorrow night.

created github issue for super low light column in import sheets

spoke with Ethan re: camera adds / tests / reports / priorities

after work I bought a new router for home.  the other day mine was not responding as expecting. confirming input on dialog box would cause a loop, returning me to the previous confirmation.  some settings would change intermittently (or at least show different values without having been changed).  I was trying to forward a port for the hik backdoor.  my wan address showed a public address with the old router, but when the new router was installed I noticed the WAN address was private address.  I called my ISP to have them correct the problem - change operation from DHCP & NAT to bridged... I went through 2 tech support people that told me routing was disabled / a modem can not be bridged remotely / I need a site visit / they can not provide me with credentials to their equipment.

I was able to locate my ISPs credentials online and bridge the modem.  I just changed the camera to use port 8420 and forwarded that port on the router.

http://65.78.40.31:8420

I have a couple of other vulnerable cameras here along with an older Dahua that I plan to add tomorrow. 

I also setup a win 10 machine with sadp and some other tools and will add remote access of some sort.  

I am hopeful that tomorrow I'll have time to setup VLANs and separate my personal gear from the target equipment...if Ethan's camera stays up long enough to accommodate that.

I also received a voicemail from RCN about a site survey visit (working towards installing a separate connection for testing).  I will call them back tomorrow.

Rob Kilpatrick
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Setup logging with Ethan and monitored what people were doing with the demo backdoor cam.

Tested Brian Karas perl script on Vulnerable camera.

Confirmed backdoor was working on OEM cameras.

Got a mini PC ready for Scanlan to take home and use for demo cam.

Updated all of the servers.

Checked temps of the Avigilon server.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions