Subscriber Discussion

Help With Deleting Maps From Milestone

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 31, 2017

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can help me as I cannot find the answer on Milestone's website. 

We created too many maps and linked them together, which created huge mess and issues. We just want to delete them all, but cannot do it! every time we try to delete a map from map overview, it tells us that these map has several parent maps and can't be deleted.  

By any chance, someone had this issue before? If we can just physically delete the maps somewhere on the server?

Thank you in advance,

Josh Hendricks
Sep 01, 2017
Milestone Systems

I think you have already come to our support team, but I'll respond here as well.

Currently if you have multiple maps with "hotzones" connecting to a map, you will need to delete those hotzones before you will be able to delete the map. There's probably some usability improvements that can be made in that area and I'll certainly look into it and make some recommendations to our PM team, including the ability to simply clear all maps at once.

Meanwhile, I have a quick and dirty method of clearing the map configuration but I don't recommend it if you make extensive use of alarms and/or 3rd party integrations as it effectively clears the Event Server configuration. I will have a more precise solution tomorrow.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions