Subscriber Discussion

Any Way To Get A Samsung Xrn-1610s Nvr Working With Hikvision Cameras Plugged Directly In?

DM
David Matyas
Aug 30, 2017

I have a customer that wants to use it with hikvision cameras but without using a PoE switch.

It it doable?

Thank you

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

If the Hiks are ONVIF the manual for the xrn-1610s would seem to indicate yes.  Have you tried it?

JH
John Honovich
Aug 30, 2017
IPVM

Hanwha confirms they have tested with Hikvision cameras, noting "The NVR is ONVIF compliant as well as you can add a camera using RTSP stream so there is always a way to record a 3rd party to our NVR."

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Aug 30, 2017

You can add the camera using ONVIF.  Go to Device > Camera Registration > Manual Add.

Enter the IP address, username, etc.  You may have to try different options for token and protocol.

Also, the NVR ships in PNP mode.  I would recommend changing it over to Manual mode for more flexibility.  If you don't have the manual add option available, you are in PnP mode.  I doubt that ONVIF will work then.

To change to manual mode, you have to default the unit. If you check the box to keep the user settings, you don't have to run the setup wizard again.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

If you don't have the manual add option available, you are in PnP mode. I doubt that ONVIF will work then.

UM
Aug 30, 2017

You may also want to use ONVIF Device Manager (Free utility) to connect to the camera, and verify the connection URI, and use that to register the camera.

The screenshot is from an older NVR model, but same idea applies.

ONVIF Device Manager:

Older Samsung NVR:

DM
David Matyas
Sep 06, 2017

I got to the customer today and was able to set up manual mode. But being that the cameras are plugged directly into the NVR, they are not getting an IP. ANy ideas?

Thank you

UM
Sep 06, 2017

If you do need the camera to receive an IP address from the NVR, go to Setup > Network >DHCP server > enable or start the DHCP server for the Camera NW 1.

Then the camera can receive a DHCP address, and you can then register the camera to the NVR.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions