Subscriber Discussion

Ubiquiti Litebeam Model Differences?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 07, 2017

Hello, anyone know the difference between these two LightBeam models?
Is it just that the 23 dBi is more powerful?

A sales guy told me one of them is an Access Point and the other is a Station... that does not sound right. :)

5GHz LiteBeam ac w/120° Sector 16dBi US

5GHz LiteBeam ac 23dBi US

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 07, 2017

You would use the LiteBeam Sector for your AP and the LiteBeam LiteBeam AC as your stations.   Though I would use the Nanobeams over the Litebeams for most projects to reduce wind load issues. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 07, 2017

So this one is to used as an AP:
5GHz LiteBeam ac w/120° Sector 16dBi US

This one is to be used as "stations":
5GHz LiteBeam ac 23dBi US

Thanks!

Jeffrey Hinckley
Aug 07, 2017

This all depends on your application.  The Litebeam 120 works well with a couple of camera sites.  In most situations, for short dstances, maybe 1500 max, which is most applications, I use the nanobeam ac 19.  The nanobeam ac 16 is junk.  For a PTP, a pair of 19s work well.  In most cases with many camera sites, I use the Rocket Prism with sector as the AP with a sector and a mix of the Beams and Grid forms for the client, depending on distance.  The Prism with an omni also works well in a centralized location, where there is not much interference.

I have always liked the nanostation radios with rocket radios as an AP because they had dual NICs, good for two cameras and easy relays.  i wish the nanobeam 19s came with dual NICs to eliminate the need for an external switch.  Most remote sites, I have found, have either dual cameras or relay to another site.

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 07, 2017

What issues have you seen with nanobeam ac 16 units?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Aug 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

They have had the port flapping issue where the LAN port goes up and down. One one site alone I had to RMA 15 radios. Finally got the radios after 6 weeks and now we need to get out there and replace them. 

What a PITA

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 08, 2017

We had the same issue with the NanoBeam AC 19.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions