Subscriber Discussion

Monday July 17 2017

Brian Karas
Jul 18, 2017
IPVM

Vallejo/Hikvision post. Also sent the latest draft to him for a heads up, he had no negative feedback/comments.  He called me, spent an hour talking about a bunch of internal Hikvision problems with the cybersecurity role. How the US division is/was trying to do one thing, China/HQ trying to do something else, continuous conflicts between both sides. Also said that Montecrypto asked for a $120K 'reward', which they did not end up paying him, instead threatened him with a lawsuit, apparently under French laws they could have had a case against him if he published anything specific. I'm not sure how accurate all of that is, just his claims.

Also ADT "exclusive" firmware is just standard Hik firmware with some features/options turned off.  They did the same thing for Alarm.com. Now these are turning into a nightmare to manage as 4.0 release is coming up (he thinks December-ish).

Microsoft analytics post after brief call with Erick (Genetec Clearance PM).

Finally got answers back from Tom Byrd at GP, so I can wrap that up tomorrow AM.

The Senrio PR person sent me the draft of their blog post, it's very over-hyped, IMO. I asked her for starters if they contacted any other security companies to see if they were affected. Also intend to ask her to clarify how much of a risk it is since the overflow exploit was so specific to Axis, and files on the Axis cameras.

Rob Kilpatrick
Jul 18, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Ghosted the last two asus servers.

Finished the last tests we need for Axis door station.

Sony / Axis testing.

John Scanlan
Jul 18, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Worked on the axis test / images / gifs

setup / prep for Sony test/visit

images / video or lighthouse material

updated consumer directory 

meeting with JH

Brian Rhodes
Jul 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Updated Class 1 Readings with new guide

Adjusted Class 1 Deck for teaching tomorrow, copied missing slides from Winter

Did 6 Late enrollments

ordered some Total Connect material for test

Began wiring G-Series

Pinged Skybell support on non ADC firmware

tomorrow: class at midday, will be a good session

Ethan Ace
Jul 18, 2017

Axis door station is mostly done. Need to get video instructions to Ben and wrap up in the AM

Axis/Sony testing

Some real estate checking

having breakfast with Charlie then wrap up axis then Sony at 1130

after Sony leaves tomorrow evening I need to get gone and do some things because I have people coming to my house Wednesday. Not planning an early quit or anything just will be offline after I leave the office

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions