Subscriber Discussion

Thursday June 29 2017

Brian Karas
Jun 30, 2017
IPVM

Call w/Schnode about Jeremy, Seed, etc. He was not surprised that Seed was out...basically clims AF is controlling, does not want people talking, etc. 

Emailed some other people to get background on Jeremy, no other repossess yet. Drafted post on his hire, will will out the rest tomorrow based on any other info I get. 

Emailed Hik India distributor back, did some more asking around about Hik/Dahua in India. Looks like Prama is basically Hikvision now. They used them as a leveraged way into the market. 

Talked with Pat Eagan, he is up for a visit from JH sometime if you want to stop by. 

Finally got info back from Total Recall, doing a quick write up on that just to add it to he portable/city surveillance systems coverage. Related, the V5 guys are promoting their presence at the upcoming NCS4 conference. 

Tom Larson called me about some other HP distributors essentially trying to rip off their brand. Jeff Burgess also posted about it on LinkedIn. Sounds like it may involve a lawsuit from HP, not big enough to cover right now, maybe if it blows up more. 

Ethan Ace
Jun 30, 2017

- hik h.265+ edits

- h.265 tutorial edits

- caught up with rob

- went over some stuff for ptz test with rob 

- compressor write up and videos -- going to finish writing now

tomorrow will look at post with rob first thing on robbery topic

Ethan Ace
Jun 30, 2017

oh and willem wants to talk to me next week re: appearance search

Brian Rhodes
Jun 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Spent time this morning ordering Alarm.com parts for test/ putting test plan together. We are using 2Gig GC3 as host, will test doorbell, video, thermostat, and some z-wave devices I have around my house.  

Ordered from Nellys, shipping from Tulsa, scheduled to be at my house tomorrow/Sat morning.

Talked to STid guy in Canada for profile post.  They may be smart with engineering and design, but don't understand the access market well at all.  They think minor things (like number of simultaneous reads) are major and vice versa (like not supporting OSDP, selling through security distributors, no one knows who they are).

Spent time afternoon/evening finishing 13.56 MHz copier eval, talked to JH about it, writing it up tomorrow.

Ari Erenthal
Jun 30, 2017

Wrote PTZ usage stats post

requested graphics

emailed pete g re mPERS product

spoke to mPERS guy, it uses GPS "to make it agnostic". asked him wtf that meant. no response.

user support

Rob Kilpatrick
Jun 30, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Assisted with the DW test

Talked with Ethan about NRF / got caught up on everything.

Researched GPUs that are capable to H.265 decoding.

Took everything down we didn't need / got PTZ test ready.

Started turning my notes from NRF into something readable.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions