Subscriber Discussion

Thursday June 15 2017

Brian Karas
Jun 16, 2017
IPVM

Call w/HEVC guy (Paul) in the AM. Overall spent as much time informing him about security industry as asking him about licensing (this is different guy than the one we spoke with last year (Peter)). Peter is still involved, head of the licensing outfit, Paul is additional legal guy. He said (off the record) that "dealing with China SOE's is a delicate matter for licensing". They tend to play a race card if licensing entities go after only Chinese companies (though Chinese companies also tend to be biggest offenders). So, they have to play this game of making sure they are suing everyone evenly, even if they feel 90% of the license revenue could/should come from 1 or 2 Chinese SOE's.  He validated my assumption that Hikvision was being a pain in the ass to deal with.

Sent some emails to security companies who are not listed as HEVC licensees based on above conversation.

Shared Eagle Eye post to LinkedIn, some stats:

Wrote up Avigilon increased pricing and Hik distributor reports in the afternoon.

Hans called to say they liked the post overall.

Emailed James/Willem for more info on the Presence Detector

John Scanlan
Jun 16, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

member support

setup / shot day & night PPF samples for the calculator

Rob Kilpatrick
Jun 16, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Shot PPF samples with Ethan and Scanlan.

Asked Hikvision tech support about license plate recognition.

Ethan Ace
Jun 16, 2017

- PPF samples

Will coalate tomorrow and review. shot IR twice, once with plate and once without. It was skewing exposure to the point where you couldn't see Rob. 

Took forever to get totally dark over there. 

- Hik ANPR research and contact

- reexported clip for q1659 but didn't get to drop it in report yet. 

Tomorrow I'll finish that, gather up PPF samples, and hopefully do some Hik h.265+ checking. 

Brian Rhodes
Jun 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Graded resubmits and exams, there were more than I estimated.  All are caught up now, estimating class is 95% finished.

Did not finish Biometrics Pros/Cons post as a results, but will have it ready for next week.  I lack an hour or two of undistracted thought to finish.

Several emails about Bluebeam Revu, lots of passionate users out there.  Reads probably did better than I expected.

I will be checking email tomorrow night.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions