Subscriber Discussion

Dahua Partners With Synopsys For Cyber Security

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jun 15, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Lets just hope they are paying attention and do not suggest port forwarding as hardening solution

World Leading Solution Provider of Video Surveillance Deploys Synopsys Solutions to Build Security and Quality into Its Software Development Lifecycle and Supply Chain 

HANGZHOU, CHINA / June 15, 2017 – Dahua Technology Co., Ltd. (SZSE: 002236), a world leading solution provider in the global video surveillance industry, today announced its selection of Synopsys (Nasdaq: SNPS), to enhance the security of its Internet of Things (IoT) devices and solutions. By implementing Synopsys’ comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, Dahua strengthens its offerings, building security and quality into their software development lifecycle (SDLC) and supply chain.

Full Press Release Synopsys / Dahua

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 16, 2017
IPVM

Jay, yes, thanks for sharing. Note, I left the first two paragraphs and added a link to the full press release on Synopsys website.

I saw that yesterday and was confused because:

In September 2015, Dahua and Synopsys issued a press release: Dahua Technology works with Synopsys to help global security and protection network to raise the bar of security level of towards world level

I am not sure where the 'bar' started at Dahua in 2015 working with Synopsys but evidently it was not high enough to avert the numerous security issues that Dahua has, including the backdoor.

@Karas, can you see if we can get any details about how the June 2017 Synopsys partnership is different from the one 21 months ago?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions