Subscriber Discussion

Avigilon Increases Prices In Canada, Europe and UK

Brian Karas
Jun 15, 2017
IPVM
While many companies are struggling to keep up with the trend of falling prices, Avigilon has actually increased pricing in some markets. This comes as currency valuations in some markets have had an ...

Read the full report here
JI
Jordi Ibero
Jun 20, 2017
Imago IP Solutions

No comments about an Avigilon critical move. No reactions? I'm sure this is because the main scope of this page is USA.

This is one of my recurring thoughts about this page. This page is awesome, sure. But it's focused mostly to the USA market. Guys, don't be angry with me, please. I'm just saying, most people basically have different concerns and needs. USA is a different market and don't match the european concerns. It's only my opinion.

Once again, don't be angry with me.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 20, 2017

The fact you ask others not to be angry with you about a such a harmless comment says something about how some people feel here..

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 20, 2017
IPVM

No comments about an Avigilon critical move. No reactions? I'm sure this is because the main scope of this page is USA.

I don't feel this is a 'critical' move. My position would be the same if it was for the US.

We obviously feel it's newsworthy because in an era of regular price decline, anyone increasing prices at all, is atypical but 10%, to me, is not critical.

We have plenty of members in Canada, the UK and Europe. I can't speak to why they would or would not comment on this.

In general, though, I do agree that the individual moves reporting (i.e. hiring, firing, etc.) is definitely more US centric but so too is English language readers which is our market. That noted, I would be certainly be open to hiring someone in Europe to expand our coverage there.

Lv
Louis van Daalen
Jun 21, 2017

Being an Avigilon distributor in The Netherlands since 2007 we had the benefit of stable Euro pricing for a long period of time. Most of our other suppliers use US$ pricing, hence the exchange rate differencse are our risk.

We did not have to worry about exchange rate fluctuations in the case of the Avigilon product range.

A price increase is not something anyone is waiting for in a highly competitive market. But we do understand the reasons behind the move and do not expect our Avigilon customers, who mostly opt for an end-to-end solution and the user friendliness of ACC, to switch to other offerings. 

(1)
(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 22, 2017

"Local prices for Avigilon products purchased off these price sheets will see a ~10% price increase in local currency, effective July 31, 2017."

Correct day is July 1, 2017 :(

Brian Karas
Jun 22, 2017
IPVM

Thanks, updated in the report.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions