Subscriber Discussion

Best Cloud-Based Access Control Offering?

MM
Matthew Marston
Jun 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Reviewing our own corporate policies and codes on our existing card-based ACS, there is formal discussion around whether or not to use a cloud-based AMS offering to manage our controllers, access roles, and scheduling. Has anyone deployed one of these systems, and if so, what is your preferred vendor?

Brian Rhodes
Jun 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hello Matthew:

For clarity, what does 'AMS' abbreviate?  I am not sure if you asking about 'access management software', or something else.

Also, which type of controllers are currently being used?

Thanks.

MM
Matthew Marston
Jun 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Sorry Brian, in this case I intended AMS to be Access Management Software.

Our building security in our office are presently using Lenel 22XX + single and multi-door controllers 1X00. We would like to migrate to a more modern offering (whether that requires rip/replace or simply adapting the controllers at the head-end).

I was hoping to add some color to the conversation for a cloud-managed/friendly option and wanted to "poll the audience" for what they've found works best and why.

Not certain of the particulars of our backend at the moment (OnGaurd I would think?), but I know we integrate with LDAP for user management and (to some degree) 802.1X RADIUS for device security.

Thank you!

Brian Rhodes
Jun 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Thanks Matthew.  

You may find this cloud based access test interesting: Feenics Hosted Access Control Tested

For that platform, the existing Mercury controllers you use (Lenel) are compatible.

We have not tested it, but BluB0X, is another cloud-based system that would work with your existing hardware. Here is an overview profile post that may help: BluB0X - The Most Ambitious Security Startup in Years

(1)
MM
Matthew Marston
Jun 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

This is exactly the response I was looking for. Thanks, Brian!

Brian Rhodes
Jun 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I forgot to mention that Brivo Opens Up, Adds Mercury Support.  While cloud access is a niche of a niche market, Brivo is a commonly recognized 'hosted' provider.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions