Subscriber Discussion

Is It Appropriate For Knightscope To Solicit Investors On Facebook? Desperate Or Genius?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 16, 2017

Knight

I understand that Crowdfunding is the"new hot seed" but I believe this is more on the  Scam side since the investor/customer is not purchasing a product like in Kickstarter and is not sophisticated enough to ask the right questions before investing. 

JH
John Honovich
Mar 16, 2017
IPVM

Related: Knightscope ~$400,000 2016 Revenue, $4+ Million Loss Seeks $20 Million Investment

Good share. Looks like they are promoting the fund raising on Facebook every day on their page.

On the plus side, it does help increase brand recognition. On the downside, it is distracting in terms of actually developing products and winning sales.

I am skeptical that they can get VC funding on good terms, ergo the turn to raise money off of fools small investors off the Internet.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 18, 2017

"On the plus side, it does help increase brand recognition"

Yes but It's a B2B sale and I don't think this will do much with improving sales

"I am skeptical that they can get VC funding on good terms, ergo the turn to raise money off of fools small investors off the Internet" that my point and that's why I think it's closer to a scam. I would be okay if they treated this like a product or sold it as a service on Kickstarter to HOA's or companies for example.

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am skeptical that they can get VC funding on good terms, ergo the turn to raise money off of fools small investors off the Internet" that my point and that's why I think it's closer to a scam.

Fool + Scam = Seasoned Investor ;)

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Sep 09, 2017

100% scam.  A bunch of paid advertising and never any real facts on the progress of the company.   Just claims to having a robot sometime in the future that will detect weapons.   

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions