Brian Rhodes
Jan 24, 2017
IPVMU Certified

post today's update here

John Scanlan
Jan 24, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified
  • had IP Networking Class this morning
    • related tasks to class: post lecture /  check assignments / post new assignment /etc
  • helped members with calculator / invoices / questions about classes /etc
  • working on VPN: I have the two routers baseline configured / licensed / activated
    • VPN link not up yet - will work on this more today
  • had team call
  • need to help Ethan quick with a Vivotek shoot
  • Wisenet X series cameras have been added to the database / tools
    • focused on Arecont

*will update after COB with any changes

Ari Erenthal
Jan 24, 2017
  1. Closed out alarm cables with suggested edits
  2. Emailed Kirschenbaum with concerns over webinar series title, received brush-off
  3. Started discussion on drawing circuits. Micheal Miller suggested draw.io. Spent time familiarizing myself with it. I think this will fit the bill. 
  4. IP networking class
  5. Hung out in IPVM chat for a bit after, answered some questions about fire alarms
  6. Team phone call
  7. Jotted down some preliminary notes notes for circuits guide. Reading through the ESA book, see how they explain it

For tomorrow: would like to buy some wires and LEDs and a meter. I think that a single GIF can replace multiple paragraphs of text.

Ethan Ace
Jan 24, 2017

what are we doing with that kirschenbaum knucklehead?

Ari Erenthal
Jan 24, 2017

He's doing a webinar series, so I volunteered to do the video surveillance segment. Except it's entitled 'everything you need to know about video surveillance' which is obviously not a thing you can cover in 60 minutes. I asked him for a more circumspect title and he was all 'LOL, it's fine'. 

JH
John Honovich
Jan 25, 2017
IPVM

I asked him for a more circumspect title and he was all 'LOL, it's fine'. 

an attorney who's not worried about misrepresentation, unfortunate...

related though we need to send an outline to lightning by week's end for the deck

Brian Rhodes
Jan 24, 2017
IPVMU Certified
  • Did Class
  • Got DSC wired up and running, still have one error preventing me from normal operation, it is a dialer error/looking for a central station. I found a youtube video I think will teach me how to disable it.
  • I am going to a state CPR training class tonight
  • Tomorrow: record DSC videos.  I am planning to have collected enough data and videos to finish test on Thursday.
Brian Rhodes
Jan 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

resolved error just now, good to go

Brian Karas
Jan 24, 2017
IPVM

Finished up Hikvision TOS report this morning.

Various comments on discussion topics

Tabulated some survey results, particularly markup statistics. Will work on that report next.

Emailed GSA guy, Pedro, again to see if we can get a response from him for Hikvision/GSA report.

Emailed Axis to try and get a little more info on Sustainability webinar topic around PVC in cameras.

Ethan Ace
Jan 25, 2017
  • panasonic wrap up -- i just need to redo the news image, the one i took looked like garbage for some reason. putting a chart in there for now. 
  • calls
  • set up lincoln tech visit
  • genetec server troubleshooting -- we have a directory issue which was fixed after reboot and some manual service restarts. not sure why that happened.
  • genetec will be in touch re: mission control tomorrow (hopefully)
  • set up vivotek call, told them we needed low level tech on the call
  • addressed the arecont dual dome to make sure it's not DOA
  • reordering the axis q3708 due to backorder, hopefully to arrive thursday

tomorrow i'll do the vivotek 940nm ir dome report with scanlan which shouldn't take much time, and it's fairly interesting for a dumb little dome. 

JH
John Honovich
Jan 25, 2017
IPVM

for panasonic / future WDR tests, we need gifs to track movement like we did in WDR shootout

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions