Subscriber Discussion

Former Tyco CEO D. Kozlowski Back In Business?

Mark Jones
Jan 13, 2017
Brian Rhodes
Jan 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Is the interesting part that he's trying to reboot professional efforts, or is there a security tie in here?

Mark Jones
Jan 13, 2017

Trying to reboot at 70 is interesting, Florida not recognizing his conviction is interesting, but his perspective needs some more work.  He got a longer jail sentence than a mass murderer?  Not.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

He got a longer jail sentence than a mass murderer? Not.

Anders Behring Breivik (killed 75 people and injured 319), sentenced to 21 years.

Dennis Kozlowski sentenced to 8-25 years.

Brian Rhodes
Jan 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Norwegian penal sentencing ≠ USA penal sentencing

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Dennis: What? This mass murderer got less time than I did, can you believe it?!?

Cellmate: C'mon Dennis you're being a bit ridiculous; its just not fair to compare a Norwegian sentence with a U.S. sentence. 

Dennis: Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, I feel a little better now.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Many US States have the death penalty as max sentence for murder.

It's just silly to continue that a notorious white collar criminal who stole hundreds of millions of dollars is getting off too harshly.  Especially compared to a murderer.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

It's just silly to continue that a notorious white collar criminal who stole hundreds of millions of dollars is getting off too harshly.

Ok, but I was only responding to this:

He got a longer jail sentence than a mass murderer? Not.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 14, 2017
IPVM

Kozlowski's quote was:

My sentence was longer than mass murders

Note, it says mass murders - plural. #1 found a single mass murder in another country as a rebuttal, which is a poor response given that 'mass murders' on average get life sentences.

In any event, if that is really what he said, that's quite a sign he has not learned from his prison time.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 15, 2017
IPVMU Certified

In any event, if that is really what he said, that's quite a sign he has not learned from his prison time.

IMHO, it was mostly pathetic hyperbole. As in "Look at my sentence! 25 years, and I didn't even kill anyone!"

But since Mark took it literally, I defended it literally.

Though I doubt Shaloam Weiss, with a scheduled release of November 23, 2754, would sympathize much :) 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions