Subscriber Discussion

How To Attach A PVC Pipe To The Camera Brackets And To The Metal Trusses

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 12, 2017

I know this is probably stupidly easy, but I just cant figure it out. I have these brackets.

I want to attach them to a PVC to drop a camera down a few feet. I'm hitting a mental block as to A) How to attach them to the PVC and B) How to attach the PVC to the metal trusses. I know I would use the long toggle bolts and go in between the metal but how do I attach that to the PVC pipe.

Thanks.

CN
Chris Newhouse
Jan 12, 2017

Full disclosure: We are a manufacturer of Novattach universal mounting systems designed specifically for the purpose of hanging devices from metal trusses and a wide variety of other ceiling structures and configurations. It was designed for use with metal tube such as aluminum and steel conduit. I suppose it would work with ABS or PVC as long as the tube outside diameter fit our product system size of 1.5". This means that if you can get polymer tube of an outside diameter of 1.5", our system will solve your problem. Please have a look at www.novattach.com for further details and/or contact me at the phone number on the website. I hope we can help.

Chris

(2)
Ari Erenthal
Jan 13, 2017

Get some Unistrut. Cut it to fit across the steel joists. Bolt it to the struts with these beam clamps. Now you have a bunch of options but my favorite is to use this unistrut to 1.5" NPT adapter

(2)
Kyle Folger
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Looks like a Hikvision mount. Why PVC? Skip it. Use 1.5" or similar metallic. Use a Hikvision pendant cap. They come with various size threaded adapters to get the cap to the size pipe you need. Then follow attachment device options already given. PVC tends to be good...underground. Schedule 80 is OK for certain circumstances but I don't like the look of it for hanging cameras. 

(1)
(1)
MC
Marty Calhoun
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Buy a 3D printer. We did and it paid for itself overnight. We make several custom mounts for Hikvision cameras and other components

(2)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions