2014 Video Surveillance Guideby John Honovich, IPVM posted on Dec 09, 2013 About John Contact John
The 270 page, 2014 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available.
3 Biggest Trends Going Into 2014
The report covers the market in depth, with especial attention on 4 big trends that shaped 2013:
- Asian manufacturers rising - With Western innovation low, Asian manufacturers improving and cost pressures significant, the balance of power is shifting but is there a comeback in store for 2014?
- Avigilon rising - Not only did they grow, they accelerated it. Can they continue that in 2014 or is their key executive's recent resignation a sign that good times are coming to an end?
- Access control incursions - with overall video advances weak, more manufacturers turned to access with Axis releasing IP door hardware, Milestone adding access control management and Avigilon acquiring an access control developer. However, none of it is 'real' just yet. Will 2014 be the year when these developments come to fruition or failure?
Those are just a few of the topics covered in the 50+ chapters inside the Guide. See the full Table of Contents.
Other Reader Favorites
Also, inside are a number of reader favorites, including:
- ASIS Show Best and Worst
- This Company is "Going to Change the Video Suveillance Industry Forever"
- Beware Wireless Surveillance Spray Paint
- How a Samsung Salesguy Tests Cameras
- Saddest Case Study Ever
For more, see the full Table of Contents.
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2013 Mid Year Guide:
- Non Members: Become a Group PRO Member for $749 USD and get the 2014 Video Surveillance Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Most Recent Industry Reports
1500 Camera Models Added to IPVM Calculator on Sep 22, 2014
Now, you can select your own camera models in the IPVM camera calculator. IPVM members can see and compare what their preferred cameras will capture and deliver. Choose from 1500 cameras. IPVM kn...
Testing Sony HD Dome Camera on Sep 18, 2014
Top WDR and low light performance are generally only offered in manufacturer's high end cameras. In particular, Sony users historically needed to use their expensive high end V series cameras for ...
Lenel OnGuard Tested on Sep 17, 2014
Lenel is one of the biggest names in Access Control with many thousands of systems installed around the globe. In this report, we examine Lenel's OnGuard access management platform, look how...
Testing Axis High End HD Camera Q1615 on Sep 15, 2014
Axis core focus is the high end of the market. Their newest high end camera is the Q1615, aims to continue that, which they claim offers industry leading image quality and novel features, such as: ...
Testing Avigilon ACC 5 VMS on Sep 10, 2014
In this report, we provide in-depth videos covering Avigilon Control Center 5's operation and configuration with 30+ minutes of screencasts providing clear explanations of ACC features including: ...
License Plate Recognition Axis App Tested on Sep 08, 2014
License plate recognition (LPR) has historically been very expensive, requiring specialized hardware and software. An embedded LPR app from ipConfigure aims to change that, turning compatible Axis...
Testing March MegaPX Domes on Sep 04, 2014
March Networks has been one of the bigger names in video surveillance recorders for a decade, with significant adoption especially in banking and retail. For a number of years, since the Cieffe&nb...
Milestone XProtect 2014 Tested on Sep 03, 2014
In this third entry in our ongoing VMS test series we provide in-depth explanation and analysis of Milestone XProtect Enterprise 2014. Inside this report, we have 40+ minutes of video screenc...
The New Generation of Security Startups on Sep 02, 2014
New entrants to the security market are few and far between. However, there is one area that is clearly driving new security startups - crowdfunding. Crowdfunding has grown from a curiosity ...
IP Camera Firmware Upgrade Directory on Aug 28, 2014
Updating firmware can be one of the most tedious tasks involved in any IP camera system. It is not always clear what version is latest, what has changed or been fixed, and where to even download it...