2014 Video Surveillance Guideby John Honovich, IPVM posted on Dec 09, 2013 About John Contact John
The 270 page, 2014 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available.
3 Biggest Trends Going Into 2014
The report covers the market in depth, with especial attention on 4 big trends that shaped 2013:
- Asian manufacturers rising - With Western innovation low, Asian manufacturers improving and cost pressures significant, the balance of power is shifting but is there a comeback in store for 2014?
- Avigilon rising - Not only did they grow, they accelerated it. Can they continue that in 2014 or is their key executive's recent resignation a sign that good times are coming to an end?
- Access control incursions - with overall video advances weak, more manufacturers turned to access with Axis releasing IP door hardware, Milestone adding access control management and Avigilon acquiring an access control developer. However, none of it is 'real' just yet. Will 2014 be the year when these developments come to fruition or failure?
Those are just a few of the topics covered in the 50+ chapters inside the Guide. See the full Table of Contents.
Other Reader Favorites
Also, inside are a number of reader favorites, including:
- ASIS Show Best and Worst
- This Company is "Going to Change the Video Suveillance Industry Forever"
- Beware Wireless Surveillance Spray Paint
- How a Samsung Salesguy Tests Cameras
- Saddest Case Study Ever
For more, see the full Table of Contents.
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2013 Mid Year Guide:
- Non Members: Become a Group PRO Member for $749 USD and get the 2014 Video Surveillance Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Most Recent Industry Reports
Testing Scallop Panoramic Cameras on Dec 19, 2014
For years, Arecont Vision's SurroundVideo line has been practically the only multi-imager option, but with their poor reputation, multi-imager cameras are still not widely used. Scallop Imaging ai...
Avigilon Acquires All ObjectVideo Patents on Dec 18, 2014
Wow. You thought Object Video played hardball suing large manufacturers like Bosch, Samsung, Sony, Pelco, etc. Now, Avigilon has acquired all of OV's patents for $80.3 million, and all of th...
Best & Worst Places to Buy Surveillance on Dec 17, 2014
Stores, distributors, manufacturers, the Internet, Chinese spam emails? Today, there are more options to buy surveillance than ever. But what are the best and worst places to buy? IPVM surveyed ...
2015 IP Camera Book on Dec 15, 2014
This is the best, most comprehensive IP camera training in the world, based on our unprecedented testing. Now, all IPVM PRO Members can get it in a single 300+ page ebook, downloadable inside. T...
Tested: Quality Worse Dome Bubble On? on Dec 11, 2014
Often, industry professionals will warn about three problems with using domes: The dome bubble degrades image quality The degradation is worse with megapixel cameras The degradation is worse t...
Hikvision HDTVI VS Dahua HDCVI on Dec 10, 2014
With super low cost and full HD video, Analog HD has the most potential to disrupt the surveillance market of any new technology in years. With 1080p HD IR cameras, routinely being priced at ~$100...
Testing Day vs Night With IR on Dec 09, 2014
IR illumination helps. When it gets dark, especially real dark, with no nearby artifical lighting, pretty much every surveillance camera (even 'super' ones) are going to deliver signific...
Major Moves - Security Manufacturer 2014 on Dec 08, 2014
This guide summarizes the biggest moves of security manufacturers in 2014, concentrating on acquisitions, fund raising, significant stock price shifts and major new product lines introduced. ...
HD Analog DVRs With VMS Software Tested on Dec 05, 2014
New HD analog offerings from Dahua and Hikvision have proven to deliver HD video at radically lower prices (see IPVM test results - Dahua HDCVI 1.0, Dahua HDCVI 2.0, Hikvision HDTVI). However...
Manufacturer Sales Pitches Revealed on Dec 02, 2014
IPVM sent a 'secret shopper' to ISC East 2014 to talk to manufacturer sales reps at their booths. We wanted to understand and contrast how they pitched to a prototypical end user. Would they fol...