2014 Video Surveillance Guideby John Honovich, IPVM posted on Dec 09, 2013 About John Contact John
The 270 page, 2014 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available.
3 Biggest Trends Going Into 2014
The report covers the market in depth, with especial attention on 4 big trends that shaped 2013:
- Asian manufacturers rising - With Western innovation low, Asian manufacturers improving and cost pressures significant, the balance of power is shifting but is there a comeback in store for 2014?
- Avigilon rising - Not only did they grow, they accelerated it. Can they continue that in 2014 or is their key executive's recent resignation a sign that good times are coming to an end?
- Access control incursions - with overall video advances weak, more manufacturers turned to access with Axis releasing IP door hardware, Milestone adding access control management and Avigilon acquiring an access control developer. However, none of it is 'real' just yet. Will 2014 be the year when these developments come to fruition or failure?
Those are just a few of the topics covered in the 50+ chapters inside the Guide. See the full Table of Contents.
Other Reader Favorites
Also, inside are a number of reader favorites, including:
- ASIS Show Best and Worst
- This Company is "Going to Change the Video Suveillance Industry Forever"
- Beware Wireless Surveillance Spray Paint
- How a Samsung Salesguy Tests Cameras
- Saddest Case Study Ever
For more, see the full Table of Contents.
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2013 Mid Year Guide:
- Non Members: Become a Group PRO Member for $749 USD and get the 2014 Video Surveillance Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Most Recent Industry Reports
Rain Surveillance Shootout on Nov 26, 2014
Rain can ruin surveillance video, and your housing choice might be making it worse. In this test, we shot out the five most common form factors of outdoor housing: box, full size dome, minidome, f...
Resolution vs Compression Tested on Nov 24, 2014
They are not the same thing. Unfortunately, too many industry people conflate them. Worse, resolution and compression can silently undermine each other. The Impact Compare the two images below....
Camera DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) Guide on Nov 20, 2014
A significant video problem is night time bandwidth spikes. An IPVM study found 250 - 500% increase in bandwidth from day to night (see: Testing Bandwidth vs Low Light). Digital noise r...
Camera Labor Estimation Standard on Nov 19, 2014
IPVM is proud to release the first ever surveillance camera labor estimation standards. These standards help integrators improve the accuracy and efficiency of their installations, reducing risks ...
Dahua HDCVI 2.0 Tested on Nov 17, 2014
A strong initial reception but can it repeat? Dahua's initial HDCVI analog HD offering, with its super low cost and HD resolution, was extremely well received (see IPVM's HDCVI test results)....
Avigilon Analytic Cameras Tested on Nov 12, 2014
Analytics remains the 'next big thing' But supply of high quality, ease to use analytics remain in short supply. VideoIQ had been the favorite choice of integrators surveyed. But VideoIQ was acqu...
Best & Worst Manufacturer Salespeople on Nov 10, 2014
What manufacturers were rated the worst? Which the best? What do integrators want from their manufacturer salespeople? What offends them the most? New IPVM survey results of 100+ integrators an...
Testing Bandwidth vs Low Light on Nov 07, 2014
Bandwidth and low light can be a bad combination. Despite many assuming / calculating bandwidth as a single 24/7 number, bandwidth can vary dramatically. One of the big drivers of bandwidth chang...
Hikvision Tribrid Recorder Tested on Nov 05, 2014
HD over existing coax, IP and legacy analog cameras, all in a single recorder. A 16 camera 'tribrid' DVR that does all that for less than $400. This is what Hikvision is claiming with its 7200 se...
Camera Finder Released on Nov 03, 2014
The new Camera Finder revolutionizes camera selection. Search across 2100+ cameras for 40 criteria, immediately returning precise matches so you can find the best fit for your specific needs. Thi...