2014 Video Surveillance Guideby John Honovich, IPVM posted on Dec 09, 2013 About John Contact John
The 270 page, 2014 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available.
3 Biggest Trends Going Into 2014
The report covers the market in depth, with especial attention on 4 big trends that shaped 2013:
- Asian manufacturers rising - With Western innovation low, Asian manufacturers improving and cost pressures significant, the balance of power is shifting but is there a comeback in store for 2014?
- Avigilon rising - Not only did they grow, they accelerated it. Can they continue that in 2014 or is their key executive's recent resignation a sign that good times are coming to an end?
- Access control incursions - with overall video advances weak, more manufacturers turned to access with Axis releasing IP door hardware, Milestone adding access control management and Avigilon acquiring an access control developer. However, none of it is 'real' just yet. Will 2014 be the year when these developments come to fruition or failure?
Those are just a few of the topics covered in the 50+ chapters inside the Guide. See the full Table of Contents.
Other Reader Favorites
Also, inside are a number of reader favorites, including:
- ASIS Show Best and Worst
- This Company is "Going to Change the Video Suveillance Industry Forever"
- Beware Wireless Surveillance Spray Paint
- How a Samsung Salesguy Tests Cameras
- Saddest Case Study Ever
For more, see the full Table of Contents.
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2013 Mid Year Guide:
- Non Members: Become a Group PRO Member for $749 USD and get the 2014 Video Surveillance Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Most Recent Industry Reports
ioimage HD Analytic Camera Tested on Jan 29, 2015
Four years after acquiring ioimage, DVTel has released new HD analytic cameras, with the promise of higher probability of detection and lower false alarm rates. Now, the question ...
Testing Integrated IR Cameras In Snow on Jan 28, 2015
'Snowmaggedon 2015' gave us an oppportunity to test cameras in heavy snow conditions. Integrated IR has gained in popularity, improving low light images even in low cost cameras. However,&nbs...
2015 Video Surveillance Guide on Jan 27, 2015
The 250+ page, 2015 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available. Table of Contents How To Get It There are 3 ...
How to Hack an ADT Alarm System on Jan 26, 2015
This report explains the key steps in hacking an alarm system, like ADT, as was presented in a Defcon 22 presentation. The risk of such a hack has become major news as a class action lawsuit was f...
Simplicam Facial Recognition Tested on Jan 23, 2015
Facial recognition, available for $150? That's the offer from a startup, Simplicam, who has not only cloned Dropcam setup and user interface but has added in facial detection and recognition....
Bosch 4K Tested on Jan 21, 2015
4K promises more pixels but does it undermine WDR and low light performance? We tested the Axis 4K camera and there were certainly issues. Now, we tested the Bosch 4K camera, the Dinion IP Ultra ...
Largest New Video Surveillance Projects on Jan 19, 2015
140 video surveillance professionals, including integrators and manufacturers, shared the largest video surveillance projects that they have seen in the past year. Key Patterns The survey results...
IP Networking for Video Surveillance Course on Jan 18, 2015
This is the first networking course designed specifically for video surveillance professionals. IPVM is launching an IP Networking for Video Surveillance Course, starting March 10th. Lots of netw...
Bosch Buys $190 Million Integrator on Jan 16, 2015
The big deals continue. This time, Bosch has bought a US integrator, Climatec, that did ~$190 million in 2014 revenue.
Testing $50 Mini NVR on Jan 14, 2015
As an NVR, this performed very really badly. But, as a member suggested to us, could a $50 mini NVR be used as an IP / HD spot monitor? Adding a spot monitor or public view display in an IP sur...