2014 Video Surveillance Guideby John Honovich, IPVM posted on Dec 09, 2013 About John Contact John
The 270 page, 2014 Video Surveillance Industry Guide, covering the key events and the future of the video surveillance market, is now available.
3 Biggest Trends Going Into 2014
The report covers the market in depth, with especial attention on 4 big trends that shaped 2013:
- Asian manufacturers rising - With Western innovation low, Asian manufacturers improving and cost pressures significant, the balance of power is shifting but is there a comeback in store for 2014?
- Avigilon rising - Not only did they grow, they accelerated it. Can they continue that in 2014 or is their key executive's recent resignation a sign that good times are coming to an end?
- Access control incursions - with overall video advances weak, more manufacturers turned to access with Axis releasing IP door hardware, Milestone adding access control management and Avigilon acquiring an access control developer. However, none of it is 'real' just yet. Will 2014 be the year when these developments come to fruition or failure?
Those are just a few of the topics covered in the 50+ chapters inside the Guide. See the full Table of Contents.
Other Reader Favorites
Also, inside are a number of reader favorites, including:
- ASIS Show Best and Worst
- This Company is "Going to Change the Video Suveillance Industry Forever"
- Beware Wireless Surveillance Spray Paint
- How a Samsung Salesguy Tests Cameras
- Saddest Case Study Ever
For more, see the full Table of Contents.
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2013 Mid Year Guide:
- Non Members: Become a Group PRO Member for $749 USD and get the 2014 Video Surveillance Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Most Recent Industry Reports
Google Maps Camera Calculator Released on Apr 27, 2015
The new IPVM Google Maps Camera Calculator empowers surveillance professionals to plan and design systems like never before. Whatever project you are working on, enter the address and start mappin...
Gain / AGC for Video Surveillance Guide on Apr 23, 2015
Gain control is a critical, though often overlooked, factor in low light surveillance video. It is generally only noticed when the negative side effective of aggressive gain levels are seen, namely...
Testing Honeywell HQA HD-CVI on Apr 22, 2015
HD analog support continues to expand, with Honeywell now releasing its own HD-CVI offering, awkwardly named "High Quality Analog" (HQA), offering up to 1080p video via analog. The big appeal is g...
Testing Axis Zipstream on Apr 13, 2015
Has Axis found its breakthrough differentiator? Can they demand a premium for this? Axis claims Zipstream can "lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average 50% or more." We upgrade...
New Products Spring 2015 on Apr 12, 2015
After very poor new releases in 2014 (see Spring 2014 and Fall 2014 directories), 2015 is already much better. Here are new products being announced in 2015: Avigilon First to Demo 7K Cameras ...
FLIR FX Tested on Apr 08, 2015
FLIR is going after the home / consumer surveillance market with their FLIR FX. A few of the notable competitive features offered: Video analytics for search (RapidRecap) Built-in Battery Buil...
IP Network Setup Guide for Surveillance on Apr 06, 2015
In this guide, we teach the fundamentals of setting up an IP video surveillance network, taking factory default cameras through to a fully configured and ready to run network. We explain these topi...
Testing Messoa 3MP LPC Camera on Apr 02, 2015
License plate recognition has historically required specialized cameras with limited general surveillance use. Messoa is aiming to change that with the LPR606, a higher resolution 3MP claiming sce...
Security Integrator Finder Released on Apr 01, 2015
The new Security Integrator Finder's goal is to list every integrator in the world, overlaid on Google Maps. Here's how you benefit: Integrators can more easily be found by end users and manufa...