IFSEC 2009 Announcement Directoryby John Honovich, IPVM posted on May 11, 2009 About John Contact John
Spring is the season of new product announcements and major trade shows for the security industry. This week, Europe's biggest annual security conference, IFSEC, is being held in the UK. This report provides a directory of references and announcements to help industry professionals stay informed of new developments. [Note: over 60 announcements were made last month at ISC West so check out the premium ISC West announcement directory for them.]
- Axis to focus on marketing ease of use for their products
- Award Winners Announced at IFSEC
- Review of IFSEC Day 1 by SSN Europe
- Axis Introduces Precise Iris Control
- Axis Introdcues Outdoor Ready H.264 PTZ Dome Camera
- Dedicated Micros Launches Integrated Camera Recorder (with video clips)
- Intransa Releases NVR Appliance Line
- IndigoVision announces 21st 3rd patry integration
- Mirasys and Pivot3 Partner
- Mirasys adds support for 5 new megapixel camera manufacturers
- Samsung introduces new A1 chipset for surveillance cameras (includes video)
- Norbain Vista Introduces new domes and DVRs
- IQinVision releases small scale access control software
- SeeTec to support Dallmeier Cameras
- Texas Instruments demonstrates 8 channels H.264 D1 on single processor
- Wireless provider FluidMesh and DotWorkz Partner
- Vigilant releases new video management version optimized for limited bandwidth
- Orsus partners with integrator to deploy Cypress airports
- Avigilon Joins ONVIF for IP Camera Standards Group
- Milestone partners with Maxtor to improve decoding of client side video
- Milestone integrates with viasys video analytics
- Briefcam video Summarization integrated with Milestone
- Risco Security Management Software integrates with Milestone
Most Recent Industry Reports
Testing Scallop Panoramic Cameras on Dec 19, 2014
For years, Arecont Vision's SurroundVideo line has been practically the only multi-imager option, but with their poor reputation, multi-imager cameras are still not widely used. Scallop Imaging ai...
Avigilon Acquires All ObjectVideo Patents on Dec 18, 2014
Wow. You thought Object Video played hardball suing large manufacturers like Bosch, Samsung, Sony, Pelco, etc. Now, Avigilon has acquired all of OV's patents for $80.3 million, and all of th...
Best & Worst Places to Buy Surveillance on Dec 17, 2014
Stores, distributors, manufacturers, the Internet, Chinese spam emails? Today, there are more options to buy surveillance than ever. But what are the best and worst places to buy? IPVM surveyed ...
2015 IP Camera Book on Dec 15, 2014
This is the best, most comprehensive IP camera training in the world, based on our unprecedented testing. Now, all IPVM PRO Members can get it in a single 300+ page ebook, downloadable inside. T...
Tested: Quality Worse Dome Bubble On? on Dec 11, 2014
Often, industry professionals will warn about three problems with using domes: The dome bubble degrades image quality The degradation is worse with megapixel cameras The degradation is worse t...
Hikvision HDTVI VS Dahua HDCVI on Dec 10, 2014
With super low cost and full HD video, Analog HD has the most potential to disrupt the surveillance market of any new technology in years. With 1080p HD IR cameras, routinely being priced at ~$100...
Testing Day vs Night With IR on Dec 09, 2014
IR illumination helps. When it gets dark, especially real dark, with no nearby artifical lighting, pretty much every surveillance camera (even 'super' ones) are going to deliver signific...
Major Moves - Security Manufacturer 2014 on Dec 08, 2014
This guide summarizes the biggest moves of security manufacturers in 2014, concentrating on acquisitions, fund raising, significant stock price shifts and major new product lines introduced. ...
HD Analog DVRs With VMS Software Tested on Dec 05, 2014
New HD analog offerings from Dahua and Hikvision have proven to deliver HD video at radically lower prices (see IPVM test results - Dahua HDCVI 1.0, Dahua HDCVI 2.0, Hikvision HDTVI). However...
Manufacturer Sales Pitches Revealed on Dec 02, 2014
IPVM sent a 'secret shopper' to ISC East 2014 to talk to manufacturer sales reps at their booths. We wanted to understand and contrast how they pitched to a prototypical end user. Would they fol...