IFSEC 2009 Announcement Directoryby John Honovich, IPVM posted on May 11, 2009 About John Contact John
Spring is the season of new product announcements and major trade shows for the security industry. This week, Europe's biggest annual security conference, IFSEC, is being held in the UK. This report provides a directory of references and announcements to help industry professionals stay informed of new developments. [Note: over 60 announcements were made last month at ISC West so check out the premium ISC West announcement directory for them.]
- Axis to focus on marketing ease of use for their products
- Award Winners Announced at IFSEC
- Review of IFSEC Day 1 by SSN Europe
- Axis Introduces Precise Iris Control
- Axis Introdcues Outdoor Ready H.264 PTZ Dome Camera
- Dedicated Micros Launches Integrated Camera Recorder (with video clips)
- Intransa Releases NVR Appliance Line
- IndigoVision announces 21st 3rd patry integration
- Mirasys and Pivot3 Partner
- Mirasys adds support for 5 new megapixel camera manufacturers
- Samsung introduces new A1 chipset for surveillance cameras (includes video)
- Norbain Vista Introduces new domes and DVRs
- IQinVision releases small scale access control software
- SeeTec to support Dallmeier Cameras
- Texas Instruments demonstrates 8 channels H.264 D1 on single processor
- Wireless provider FluidMesh and DotWorkz Partner
- Vigilant releases new video management version optimized for limited bandwidth
- Orsus partners with integrator to deploy Cypress airports
- Avigilon Joins ONVIF for IP Camera Standards Group
- Milestone partners with Maxtor to improve decoding of client side video
- Milestone integrates with viasys video analytics
- Briefcam video Summarization integrated with Milestone
- Risco Security Management Software integrates with Milestone
Most Recent Industry Reports
Airport Video Surveillance Guide on Jun 30, 2015
This 20-page guide explains the key uses, design factors, and players in the Airport Surveillance market. A global group of 40 integrators and consultants with airport project experience respond...
New Google Nest Cam Tested on Jun 29, 2015
The most important advance for the new Google Nest Cam is video analytics. Though this has not been the focus in the mainstream press, IPVM testing shows that their video analytic advances are sig...
Super Low Light HD Lens Tested on Jun 26, 2015
A smaller F-number can make a big difference in how much light reaches an imager. For example, the difference even between a f/1.2 and f/1.0, which may seem very close, can be significant, as show...
China and Taiwan Manufacturer Financials on Jun 24, 2015
China is the #1 threat to video surveillance providers around the world but how well are Chinese and Taiwan surveillance manufacturers actually doing? This report breaks down the financial perform...
iControl Piper Camera Test on Jun 24, 2015
iControl has raised over $100 million in VC funding to transform the home security market. Last year, they acquired Piper, a camera / home automation startup. iControl now faces off against...
Avigilon Access Control Tested on Jun 22, 2015
Avigilon aims to deliver an end-to-end solution of video surveillance and access control. But how good is their access control? In 2013, Avigilon bought RedCloud for $17 million. However, RedCloud...
The $500 FLIR Thermal Camera Tested on Jun 19, 2015
$5,000 thermal cameras were super 'cheap' not too long ago. Then $2,000 thermal cameras shocked people in 2012. Now, we have thermals cameras under $500, coming from the biggest name in the therm...
The $40 Million Funded Startup Canary Tested on Jun 17, 2015
This startup, Canary, has raised $40 million total since 2014. With Google buying Dropcam for $555 million, investors see big opportunity in security / video startups. Canary now has a sizeable w...
Favorite SMB Video Surveillance Manufacturers on Jun 15, 2015
Most video surveillance manufacturers are fighting to expand their sales to the small to medium size business market. With the high-end saturated from early IP camera adopters, premium brands like...
Online Surveillance Sales Trends 2015 on Jun 11, 2015
IPVM has uncovered the key trends and top options being offered across some of the most well known and commonly used online retailers. Is SD analog still king? Has IP 'won'? Is HD Analog making he...