IFSEC 2009 Announcement Directoryby John Honovich, IPVM posted on May 12, 2009 About John Contact John
Spring is the season of new product announcements and major trade shows for the security industry. This week, Europe's biggest annual security conference, IFSEC, is being held in the UK. This report provides a directory of references and announcements to help industry professionals stay informed of new developments. [Note: over 60 announcements were made last month at ISC West so check out the premium ISC West announcement directory for them.]
- Axis to focus on marketing ease of use for their products
- Award Winners Announced at IFSEC
- Review of IFSEC Day 1 by SSN Europe
- Axis Introduces Precise Iris Control
- Axis Introdcues Outdoor Ready H.264 PTZ Dome Camera
- Dedicated Micros Launches Integrated Camera Recorder (with video clips)
- Intransa Releases NVR Appliance Line
- IndigoVision announces 21st 3rd patry integration
- Mirasys and Pivot3 Partner
- Mirasys adds support for 5 new megapixel camera manufacturers
- Samsung introduces new A1 chipset for surveillance cameras (includes video)
- Norbain Vista Introduces new domes and DVRs
- IQinVision releases small scale access control software
- SeeTec to support Dallmeier Cameras
- Texas Instruments demonstrates 8 channels H.264 D1 on single processor
- Wireless provider FluidMesh and DotWorkz Partner
- Vigilant releases new video management version optimized for limited bandwidth
- Orsus partners with integrator to deploy Cypress airports
- Avigilon Joins ONVIF for IP Camera Standards Group
- Milestone partners with Maxtor to improve decoding of client side video
- Milestone integrates with viasys video analytics
- Briefcam video Summarization integrated with Milestone
- Risco Security Management Software integrates with Milestone
Most Recent Industry Reports
30 vs 60 FPS Shootout on May 22, 2013
30 frames per second used to be the maximum practical limit for surveillance cameras. Now, it is becoming increasingly common for IP cameras to support double that, 60 frames per second. (For backg...
#1 IP Camera Benefit on May 20, 2013
Megapixel was, far and away, the number #1 cited benefit in going to IP cameras / video. We asked over 100 integrators to name the "3 biggest reasons" they found, allowing them to name whatever the...
Testing VSaaS / Dropcam HD on May 15, 2013
Dropcam is pretty clearly the strongest upstart in the VSaaS market. While Axis has pushed their hosted service offering for years, it is beset by poor ROI and weak performance. There are dozens of...
Testing Panoramic Cameras Outdoors on May 13, 2013
Outdoors, PTZs tend to be a favorite for covering large open areas but they only see whatever they are currently pointed at. Panoramics are an emerging alternative but how well do they perform and ...
Testing CarCam on May 08, 2013
Dash cams are getting a lot of attention for the amazing video they inadvertently capture, like a crashing 747 in Afghanistan, a meteor explosion, Russian crazy fights and accidents, etc. Moreov...
#1 IP Camera Problem on May 07, 2013
Cost was, far and away, the number #1 cited problem in going to IP cameras / video. We asked over 100 integrators to name the "3 biggest problems / barriers" they found, allowing them to name whate...
Testing Covert Cameras on May 02, 2013
Covert cameras are regularly referenced in TV shows and undercover reporting. We ordered two of the most frequently sold covert cameras on Amazon - a Car Key cam and a PenCam, as shown below: We...
Stop The Lying and Crazy Claims on Apr 29, 2013
The last few weeks have been an embarrassment for surveillance, with a small number of companies turning this into a despicable marketing campaign perpetuating lies and crazy myths about what surve...
Panoramic Camera Shootout on Apr 22, 2013
Panoramic cameras are one of the hottest growing markets within surveillance. The combination of multi-megapixel resolution and super wide FoVs claims to deliver greater coverage than conventional ...
Top Trends in Access Control on Apr 17, 2013
All of a sudden, Access Control has momentum? After a long period of apparent stagnation and staleness, new technologies and devoted marketing campaigns have breathed life into the segment. Indeed,...