IFSEC 2009 Announcement Directoryby John Honovich, IPVM posted on May 11, 2009 About John Contact John
Spring is the season of new product announcements and major trade shows for the security industry. This week, Europe's biggest annual security conference, IFSEC, is being held in the UK. This report provides a directory of references and announcements to help industry professionals stay informed of new developments. [Note: over 60 announcements were made last month at ISC West so check out the premium ISC West announcement directory for them.]
- Axis to focus on marketing ease of use for their products
- Award Winners Announced at IFSEC
- Review of IFSEC Day 1 by SSN Europe
- Axis Introduces Precise Iris Control
- Axis Introdcues Outdoor Ready H.264 PTZ Dome Camera
- Dedicated Micros Launches Integrated Camera Recorder (with video clips)
- Intransa Releases NVR Appliance Line
- IndigoVision announces 21st 3rd patry integration
- Mirasys and Pivot3 Partner
- Mirasys adds support for 5 new megapixel camera manufacturers
- Samsung introduces new A1 chipset for surveillance cameras (includes video)
- Norbain Vista Introduces new domes and DVRs
- IQinVision releases small scale access control software
- SeeTec to support Dallmeier Cameras
- Texas Instruments demonstrates 8 channels H.264 D1 on single processor
- Wireless provider FluidMesh and DotWorkz Partner
- Vigilant releases new video management version optimized for limited bandwidth
- Orsus partners with integrator to deploy Cypress airports
- Avigilon Joins ONVIF for IP Camera Standards Group
- Milestone partners with Maxtor to improve decoding of client side video
- Milestone integrates with viasys video analytics
- Briefcam video Summarization integrated with Milestone
- Risco Security Management Software integrates with Milestone
Most Recent Industry Reports
Testing Axis' Top Low Light Camera Q1635 on Nov 23, 2015
Low light performance continues to improve, first driven by advances in image processing and now increasing number of 1/2" imagers in 1080p HD cameras. IPVM has recently tested new super low light...
Audio Analytics Aggression Tested on Nov 20, 2015
What if you could use your IP cameras to detect fights before they start? That is the goal of Louroe / Sound Intelligence with their recently released Aggression Detector audio analytics. Cl...
Pelco Optera 12MP Multi-Imager Tested on Nov 09, 2015
This summer, Pelco came out firing against Arecont, touting the superior performance of its new multi-imager line vs Arecont's. But is this really the case? We bought a Pelco Optera 180° multi...
IP Camera Bootup Shootout 2015 on Nov 04, 2015
IP cameras, like PCs, take some time to boot up. And just like PCs, the amount of time can vary greatly. Many people do not care but some people find it annoying. Perhaps more importantly, in surve...
Live From China on Nov 02, 2015
China's growing influence, if not dominance, of the global video surveillance market is unquestionable. To better understand this, IPVM has gone to China. Our first stop is CPSE, which claims ~100...
Network Cabling for Video Surveillance Guide on Oct 30, 2015
In this 14 page guide, we teach the fundamentals of network cabling for video surveillance networks, how they should be installed, and the differences in testing them for production networks. Spec...
Large Video Surveillance Systems Guide on Oct 29, 2015
This 14 page guide explains the key uses, design factors, and players in the large system surveillance market. A global group of 80 integrators responded, each offering insig...
Sony 20MP / 4K Camera Tested on Oct 26, 2015
For 18 month, Sony has been hyping 4K cameras, a year before they even announced a 4K network camera. Now, amidst intense competition and price pressure, Sony has released their long awaited 2...
ONVIF Screen Capture Tested on Oct 23, 2015
Recording a PC's screen to a VMS has several uses, but historically has required expensive dedicated encoders or specialized software for each VMS. Now, a new offering called Screen ONVIF has...
Milestone Arcus VMS Tested on Oct 21, 2015
For more than a decade, Milestone was a Windows only VMS. With the Internet shifting power away from Windows OSes, Milestone launched a new VMS, called Arcus, which can be embedded onto Linux ...