IFSEC 2009 Announcement Directoryby John Honovich, IPVM posted on May 11, 2009 About John Contact John
Spring is the season of new product announcements and major trade shows for the security industry. This week, Europe's biggest annual security conference, IFSEC, is being held in the UK. This report provides a directory of references and announcements to help industry professionals stay informed of new developments. [Note: over 60 announcements were made last month at ISC West so check out the premium ISC West announcement directory for them.]
- Axis to focus on marketing ease of use for their products
- Award Winners Announced at IFSEC
- Review of IFSEC Day 1 by SSN Europe
- Axis Introduces Precise Iris Control
- Axis Introdcues Outdoor Ready H.264 PTZ Dome Camera
- Dedicated Micros Launches Integrated Camera Recorder (with video clips)
- Intransa Releases NVR Appliance Line
- IndigoVision announces 21st 3rd patry integration
- Mirasys and Pivot3 Partner
- Mirasys adds support for 5 new megapixel camera manufacturers
- Samsung introduces new A1 chipset for surveillance cameras (includes video)
- Norbain Vista Introduces new domes and DVRs
- IQinVision releases small scale access control software
- SeeTec to support Dallmeier Cameras
- Texas Instruments demonstrates 8 channels H.264 D1 on single processor
- Wireless provider FluidMesh and DotWorkz Partner
- Vigilant releases new video management version optimized for limited bandwidth
- Orsus partners with integrator to deploy Cypress airports
- Avigilon Joins ONVIF for IP Camera Standards Group
- Milestone partners with Maxtor to improve decoding of client side video
- Milestone integrates with viasys video analytics
- Briefcam video Summarization integrated with Milestone
- Risco Security Management Software integrates with Milestone
Most Recent Industry Reports
Testing the Resolution of the Human Eye on Dec 04, 2013
All sorts of wild guesses and theoretical calculations exist about what the resolution of the human eye is, with 576MP a common claim. No one we can find has ever actually tested it . . . until no...
Hikvision Cameras Tested on Dec 02, 2013
Hikvision claims to be the #1 surveillance manufacturer in the world. That's, well, debatable. What's not in dispute is that they have become huge, fueled by the massive Chinese market, with ...
Testing New Dropcam Pro Camera on Nov 25, 2013
VSaaS, overall, has been a disaster with nearly every provider, including gorilla Axis, struggling to make it big. The one clear exception has been Dropcam. It's end to end solution, targeted for ...
Bosch Flexidome Micro Shootout on Nov 22, 2013
Minidomes are very popular, likely the most popular of all IP camera form factors, due to their relative low cost and small size. Earlier this year, we tested 3 Axis M30 minidomes. Now, we are test...
10MP vs 5MP vs HD Shootout on Nov 20, 2013
HD cameras are commonplace. Everyone offers 1080p. The big question now is how much better is 5MP or 10MP? Is a 10MP camera 5 times better than 1080p as pixel count proponents claim? In this repor...
VMS Mobile Apps Guide on Nov 19, 2013
Every VMS supplier has mobile app clients now, even if many are still not using them. However, significant differences can exist across VMS implementations. In this guide, we review 15 key feature...
Samsung Wisenet III Camera Shootout on Nov 18, 2013
Samsung has never been a serious player in IP cameras, despite their success in other markets. Now, Samsung is pushing their Wisenet III release as their breakthrough offering. Is it really? We b...
Camera Selection Guide on Nov 14, 2013
Entrances, hallways, rooms and parking lots are perhaps the 4 most common areas where surveillance is deployed. But what is the best type of camera for each? What resolution, form factors and FoV a...
Winners & Losers Fall 2013 on Nov 04, 2013
New product releases were terrible this fall. The biggest news was the debatable entry of Axis and Milestone into access control. But the biggest gains might be for Chinese manufacturers who are an...
Testing Geovision Mini IR Camera on Nov 01, 2013
Integrated IR continues to be a growing trend, moving into cameras at both the high and low ends of the spectrum. One new model from Geovision, the 1.3MP GV-UBX1301 claims 10m illumination ran...