IPVM Camera Tools Training Video Released

JH
John Honovich
Jun 22, 2015
IPVM
You will learn: - How to select the right resolution and angles for your cameras. - How to demonstrate to customers why this is right - How to find the right models for your specific needs - How to sa...

Read the full update here

JM
J. Michael Rozmus
Jul 02, 2015

PLease add custom camera resolutions. This is needed for design with much less standardized thermal cameras. For example, FLIR's new TCX line has 480 x 360, 336 x 252, and 80 x 60 sensors -- and 16 x 9 aspect ratio may reduce the vertical pixel count by 25%. And many current thermal cameras are 320 x 240 (QVGA), which is not a selection that you presently offer.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 02, 2015
IPVM

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with your assessment of the problem. The calculator is not designed to handle thermal. We could easily add in more resolutions. The big challenge is updating the ppf preview images to better reflect the types of images thermal delivers. Notice that in our calculator, the day and night ppf previews presume conventional D/N cameras.

Right now, we are not doing anything to solve this as we are focusing on core enhancements to the calculator. However, we will take this under consideration and as a 'vote' for better thermal support in the future.

JM
J. Michael Rozmus
Jul 03, 2015

I will be doing some thorough testing of video analytics with a new FLIR thermal camera over the next few months. Perhaps I can help with images -- no strings attached. Send me a message if you would like to follow up off-line: mrozmus@agilityvideo.com.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 03, 2015
IPVM

Michael, thanks for the offer but we have thermal cameras to use for sample images.

The bigger thing is the code changes because we would need to create a new thermal 'mode', instead of displaying color day and thermal night, we would need to switch to a thermal preview display. It's obviously not rocket science, it's just behind a number of other more fundamental calculator tasks we have ongoing.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 02, 2015
IPVMU Certified

The street view modelling of FOV's is pretty amazing, for sure.

The only thing limiting it from be able to show actual FOV's is the lack of the tilt angle renderering. At first I thought it was something that Google could provide since they do all that other impressive panoramic POV work.

Now I'm thinking that its just not posssible because their streetview camera is at a fixed height, and has no freedom in its vertical angle.

Is there any plan for tilt-angle/blind-spot visualization to be added, even if just with a graphical elevation-view of the light cones?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 02, 2015
IPVM

"Now I'm thinking that its just not posssible because their streetview camera is at a fixed height, and has no freedom in its vertical angle."

Yes, that is my understanding. It looks to be about 10' high which is decent but not high enough to simulate / handle very high mounts.

"Is there any plan for tilt-angle/blind-spot visualization to be added, even if just with a graphical elevation-view of the light cones?"

It's definitely a known request and we understand the use.

Compared to what we are focusing on right now, though, indoor maps, mobile apps, reporting, we see that as a lower priority. It's something we likely will do at some point but not likely until next year.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions